Tired of waiting for your 950/950XL firmware update? You can get it now!

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
ok flashing went great on my Canadian 950XL, no issues at all. Now running latest firmware and latest insider build. Thanks for the good info PepperdotNet.

:) Well good to know you got it done. My Lumia 950 XL that I got from B&H still wont let me change the product number :( I wonder if the company that unlock it or something put some kind of block of changing the product number -.-

At least my phone has the newest firmware of.

Last edited:

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Darn, if this resource was available just a bit sooner.....
Might have been a game changer for me.
Have already returned my 950 XL Dual Sim.
Great resource, Kudos to Pepperdotnet.

True but this form of flashing may not even have worked on every lumia 950 xl dual sim or single. I try countless times and my phone just boot normally with errors at least my phone not brick. im just stuck with spain/mexico and not US lol.

Sfairat

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Using your guide, I was able to change the product code and region code to 000-88, thank you. It looks like with this changes wifi at last works stable on channels 149+ (the phone has detected them previously, but couldn't use properly - I had no internet after connecting to them; I think this limitation was due to EU version of the phone). However, it didn't enable such an options as reset protection or manual wifi address setting, which is a bit strange. Are these features available on your phone?
Thanks anyway, as the 5G wifi problem kinda annoyed me.
Edit: Nope, this didn't help - still no internet on AC connection on channels 149+

Last edited:

lvalen91

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I got a RM-1085 5F0 (HK). Was gonna switch to the global swap equivalent of the white one. Or maybe one with GB (Great Brit)

I have no problem flashing it. I just don't know which to use. Using it with Tmobile in the US.

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Since we're in a delay mode in some regions again, this might be relevant for some who are impatient.

I updated the first post to mention LumiaFirmware.com which might be a little easier since it shows all the devices and all available firmware revisions.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I got a RM-1085 5F0 (HK). Was gonna switch to the global swap equivalent of the white one. Or maybe one with GB (Grgest Brit)

I have no problem flashing it. I just don't know which to use. Using it with Tmobile in the US.
If you're using in US, it might be best to use 059X7F5 which is the recently added NAM 4R CV for US and Canada. (I wonder if that means Microsoft will finally be selling a single-sim 950XL in the US?)

You don't want to use global swap for anything. Those never get updated.

Last edited:

Hernan Voyzuk

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi PeperdoNet !!

i have one 950 XL Dual US Version Code 059X5B5 and i need the new firmware because i have problems with my Wifi. How the lastest firmware dont arrives yet. I can flash it with the firmware from other CV (Example the global 000-88 from Latin America) ???? i lives in Brazil

i just make the firmaware download from lumiafirmware.com

Very Thanks !!!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi PeperdoNet !!

i have one 950 XL Dual US Version Code 059X5B5 and i need the new firmware because i have problems with my Wifi. How the lastest firmware dont arrives yet. I can flash it with the firmware from other CV (Example the global 000-88 from Latin America) ???? i lives in Brazil

i just make the firmaware download from lumiafirmware.com

Very Thanks !!!
Something lost in translation. Are you saying you did it, or asking if it will work?

Since you live in Brazil, a Latin America firmware might be what you want.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Dumbass question.....I have checked my packaging for my 950xl, I have checked more info etc and I still can't find the 059xxxx variant code. I can find 000GB and CV, but nothing? Am I being a complete *****? Unlocked Single Sim in UK on RS preview.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The code is printed on the tiny sticker inside the battery cover. The sticker also has the IMEI numbers and some barcodes.

At least it's easier to find than on the 1020. That one, you have to take the SIM out, then pull out a tiny metal tray which has the sticker adhered to it.

Hernan Voyzuk

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Something lost in translation. Are you saying you did it, or asking if it will work?

Since you live in Brazil, a Latin America firmware might be what you want.

Thanks !!

im asking if it will work, and how i can flash it, and what tutorial i can use ?

I will use Brazilian Portuguese translation that is available on all the firmwares...

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by PepperdotNet
The code is printed on the tiny sticker inside the battery cover. The sticker also has the IMEI numbers and some barcodes.

At least it's easier to find than on the 1020. That one, you have to take the SIM out, then pull out a tiny metal tray which has the sticker adhered to it.

Typical, the only bloody place I forgot to look. Just need to be careful removing my Mozo cover. Broke a couple of 'tangs' on my leather one!!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For those who don't want to hack their configurations, the next wave of firmware updates is due to happen on the 19th.

Firmware updates need to go through a different validation/certification process, so can't be a worldwide release as we see with the software. As each variant is approved, it gets a place in the next update window. We should see more variants released next week. I have no specifics on details.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
If you're using in US, it might be best to use 059X7F5 which is the recently added NAM 4R CV for US and Canada. (I wonder if that means Microsoft will finally be selling a single-sim 950XL in the US?)

You don't want to use global swap for anything. Those never get updated.

Any benefit switching to 059X7F5 from 059X5F1 in the US?

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Running a US firmware in US instead of Hong Kong firmware?

To be honest, I don't know what the differences are apart from the obvious of default language and region.

I know my 950XL has UK English and Chinese languages which cannot be removed. Maybe there are enough of us in the US who bought the single SIM version and are on the Insider Program that MS decided they ought to put out a US firmware for it.