Have had a great experience with 950xl, until .107

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My 950xl has been extremely stable and I have been one of the lucky few who has enjoyed great battery life with the device. That all changed with .107. This build has turned my experience completely upside down. My phone is now burning through the battery at a record pace. I am now experiencing numerous issues that cause me to reboot the phone (which was extremely rare before). Some of my biggest problems other than battery are that my device keeps ignoring me when I try to wake it (yet it is definitely still on). Screen stays blank until I up volume + power cycle it. This has happened 4 times today alone. When connected to my car, blutooth has been flawless. Now it ignores half my incoming text messages and has twice just hung when trying to tell me a msg has arrived. I have to hold Cortana to get it to release my blutooth - but it never tells me I got a msg. Calls work is more miss than hit.

Anyone else havine issues with latest build?

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, .107 is running perfect for me... Make sure you've grabbed the latest firmware update by switching to the production ring. Failing that you may need to do a reset.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, .107 is running perfect for me... Make sure you've grabbed the latest firmware update by switching to the production ring. Failing that you may need to do a reset.
the firmware isn't showing up yet. I did set back to production

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset? I know it's a pain but might set everything straight. On .107 and only issue I had was no text alerts but a soft reset fixed that.

Last edited:

Anatoly Revich

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Try WDRT. I've got international RM1085 and run it throw WDRT It installed new firmware. I did upgraded to latest insider 107 build and everything running great.

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
OP, you really scared me.

I just upgraded to .107 last night, before that I never had one single random reboot. My battery can last me one day easily - I unplug it at about 8:30 in the morning, plug it back at 11pm before I go to sleep, by then I usually have around 30% remaining.

Since this is my first day using .107 I will keep an eye on it to see if anything is worse.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
the firmware isn't showing up yet. I did set back to production

Which version of the firmware are you currently running?

It's funny because .63 was great for me. Then .71 started causing me crashes and battery issues, but .107 is perfect and amazing! The speed is insane, battery is great. I still haven't gotten the latest of the 2 firmware releases. I do have the previous one at 15506.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
No problems with the 107 update here either as far as battery and other OP issues are concerned. And I'm still on the 15506 F/W with no new update appearing in the Insider Production ring yet.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
107 has by far been the best build so far on my 950XL, but as always I always do a hard reset afterwards and don't use backups, which I think is the reason why some of you are having problems randomly using preview software. just remember each time you have been doing an update on the insider program you are installing beta software upon beta software you should really be hard resetting after each build is installed and not from back up. When the software is released to public they will be going straight from 8.1 to 10, they are not updating a beta os to another beta os.

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Me too. Funnily enough I only noticed the issues right after I bought an iphone 6S yesterday (2nd phone btw). The morning the phone went crazy and non stop with the birthday notifications in my calendar.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
107 has by far been the best build so far on my 950XL, but as always I always do a hard reset afterwards and don't use backups, which I think is the reason why some of you are having problems randomly using preview software. just remember each time you have been doing an update on the insider program you are installing beta software upon beta software you should really be hard resetting after each build is installed and not from back up. When the software is released to public they will be going straight from 8.1 to 10, they are not updating a beta os to another beta os.

That's exactly what I did, upgraded my 930 to W10M, did a factory reset and did not, under any circumstances, restore from a backup. It runs flawlessly and with the .107 update it doesn't heat up excessively now like it used to under the previous build or WP8.1

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My 950xl has been extremely stable and I have been one of the lucky few who has enjoyed great battery life with the device. That all changed with .107. This build has turned my experience completely upside down. My phone is now burning through the battery at a record pace. I am now experiencing numerous issues that cause me to reboot the phone (which was extremely rare before). Some of my biggest problems other than battery are that my device keeps ignoring me when I try to wake it (yet it is definitely still on). Screen stays blank until I up volume + power cycle it. This has happened 4 times today alone. When connected to my car, blutooth has been flawless. Now it ignores half my incoming text messages and has twice just hung when trying to tell me a msg has arrived. I have to hold Cortana to get it to release my blutooth - but it never tells me I got a msg. Calls work is more miss than hit.

Anyone else havine issues with latest build?

107 runs great on my son's 950XL, including the battery

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. At least I now know that it isn't a universal problem. I will wait and see if the firmware update helps. If not, will do a full reset. I will post the results here if either works.

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
.107 has been less stable for me too. I am not on the very latest firmware as it is not available yet. However I have witnessed the phone random reboot on its own whilst just sitting on my desk... Never happened before.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same story: Was perfectly stable before 107. Today it crashed, at least screen was black, glance not showing, power button wouldn't turn on the screen. Had to do the hard reboot to get it back. Just now GPS refused to work for 10 minutes. Not happy.

Edit: Not yet on the very latest firmware, and not on insider

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
After about 1 week with .107 my feeling
  • The battery life seems to be a bit better.
  • Neither less stable nor more stable.
  • Iris scanner seems to be worse.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Since I still have not received the firmware update, I ended doing a full reset. It helped somewhat but still had problems. Thankfully, the latest insider build seems to have helped with most of the issues.

One other thing I noticed (and am going to start a post on), there is a NOTICEABLE performance hit when using the Mozo leather back covers. They retain too much heat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills