Mozo leather back doesn't dissipate heat as well as stock back

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I started using the leather Mozo back on my 950XL, the phone felt cooler on the outside, now I think I know why. It doesn't dissipate heat that well (holds it in, I think), compared to the plastic stock back.

None of this matters in real life usage, but will matter to people who put the phone through sustained load, like games, where the heat held in by the Mozo leather would cause the CPU to throttle back.

These tests were run multiple times, with similar results. That being said, I am very happy with this case and wouldn't go back to the stock one, unless I have no other choice.

bwHwcbN.jpg

With Mozo back

gUWvynG.png

With stock back

Last edited:

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I started using the leather Mozo back on my 950XL, the phone felt cooler on the outside, now I think I know why. It doesn't dissipate heat that well (holds it in, I think), compared to the plastic stock back.

None of this matters in real life usage, but will matter to people who put the phone through sustained load, like games, where the heat held in by the Mozo leather would cause the CPU to throttle back.

These tests were run multiple times, with similar results. That being said, I am very happy with this case and wouldn't go back to the stock one, unless I have no other choice.

http://i.imgur.com/bwHwcbN.jpg

With Mozo back

http://i.imgur.com/gUWvynG.png
With stock back

how did you get v6.0.3 i get 6.0 only and gets stuck on garden test

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
These tests vary even if you have the same case on. But yes polycarbonate is much better at heat transfer while leather will lock more in. I typically use my polycarbonate back because I think the phone looks better all in black. I'll use the mozo brown leather one when I go out and will be in scenarios where I need the extra grip the leather gives.

I'm not sure it's enough to make a huge difference though. It would be nice if MS opened up the sensor api for temperature and such. Apps like AIDA64 can't get that info due to the API not allowing it. But if it was there you could get some definite numbers. But again it shouldn't really affect it that much. Those benchmark tests are all over the place anyways.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
These tests vary even if you have the same case on. But yes polycarbonate is much better at heat transfer while leather will lock more in. I typically use my polycarbonate back because I think the phone looks better all in black. I'll use the mozo brown leather one when I go out and will be in scenarios where I need the extra grip the leather gives.

I'm not sure it's enough to make a huge difference though. It would be nice if MS opened up the sensor api for temperature and such. Apps like AIDA64 can't get that info due to the API not allowing it. But if it was there you could get some definite numbers. But again it shouldn't really affect it that much. Those benchmark tests are all over the place anyways.

Agreed on this.

A 3261 point difference on these 2 scores in the 80k point range means this difference is 0.04%

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Agreed on this.

A 3261 point difference on these 2 scores in the 80k point range means this difference is 0.04%

Er what? I agree that the difference is negligible and would make no difference in real life use, but your math is just wrong. It is around 3.5%

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Well, I consistently got a higher score with polycarb.

After running these tests, I decided to go back to the polycarb back, and it feels like a huge downgrade. Its slippery and the edges are sharp, not comfortable against your fingers. The creaking doesn't bother me much, though.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, I consistently got a higher score with polycarb.

After running these tests, I decided to go back to the polycarb back, and it feels like a huge downgrade. Its slippery and the edges are sharp, not comfortable against your fingers. The creaking doesn't bother me much, though.

I flip between them a lot. I find that the creaking on the original polycarbonate is based on how you put it on. For example. Last time I put it on there was no creaking at all. And so I did the swap again and this time I put it on there is creaking. Problem is I didn't really pay attention to what I was doing while putting it on because it's random.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I flip between them a lot. I find that the creaking on the original polycarbonate is based on how you put it on. For example. Last time I put it on there was no creaking at all. And so I did the swap again and this time I put it on there is creaking. Problem is I didn't really pay attention to what I was doing while putting it on because it's random.

For me, the mail deal breaker is the edges digging into my fingers. Back to Mozo

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
good gawd are you all hand model pansies?!!! LOL :winktongue: my original back feels just fine and not digging or hurting or nothing... what, are you white knuckling your bloody phones? I cannot fathom this.... :confused:

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
good gawd are you all hand model pansies?!!! LOL :winktongue: my original back feels just fine and not digging or hurting or nothing... what, are you white knuckling your bloody phones? I cannot fathom this.... :confused:

This is not about how the hand looks (Since you referenced hand modelling) just about comfort. No, it didn't feel uncomfortable at first. After using the Mozo case, it does.

Sorry, my hands might just not be manly enough for a Lumia. I should go get an iPhone 6?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
no hand models need SOFT and SILKY smooth hands so they can't work incase of build up of callus on the hands so they are soft and whimpy LOL and no stick with the L950XL and that will toughen you up and more MANLY! :winktongue: lol

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
BUT, it doesn't gat AS HOT as the original one. Sometimes after playing too much I had to put the phone down somewhere, it was too hot to hold it.
Not having the problem with the leather case

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know how to contact their customer service? I bought a black leather back from them 3 weeks ago and the buttons are caved in as if they are permanately being pressed. The adhesive holding the buttons to the frame of the case has failed so the top of the power button and bottom of the volume up button are pressed in because they have broken free of the inside of the case. I emailed them through their websit but have not gotten a response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3