950XL Replacement screen

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

BAMtech11

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So I broke my screen and have been scouring around the web and locally trying to find a way to fix it.

Not much luck so far.

I did run across this website that claims to sell the replacement screen and digitizer for onlyl $116.
screen replacement for Microsoft Lumia 950XL LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly - Black - Full Original

Anyone heard from or bought from this site?

Anywhere else I could go to for repair or replacement?
You can get the display on eBay for about $220. Look up item number 231770263741. The repair process itself is pretty straightforward much like the note 3. No heat is really required except maybe to loosen adhesive just a little.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Well my wife went to the repair shop by her work today (she took my phone with her) and they quoted her $135 to fix the screen.
They asked for a deposit and said the screen would be in Thursday and take less than an hour to fix.

She has been using this place for years to fix all kinds of phones (SG3, SG4, LG2) and we have always been happy with their work.

I'm skeptical but I'll report back Friday and let everyone know how it goes.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for never coming back.

They had me waiting for weeks on the screen to come in from their supplier.

It never did and they eventually just told me they cannot fix it.

Its just a brick on my desk now until I can find someone local to fix it because I'm not going to ship it off for repair.

Been using a 640 I picked up for $30, happy with it so far. Heck almost wish I had never got the 950xl now and just saved $600!!!!

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Received my phone back from PALCO and am extremely pleased.

The phone looks like new, cannot tell it was ever repaired.

Anyone on the fence about sending your phone to them I say do it you will not be disappointed.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just shattered my Lumia 950 screen - planning to send it to Palco. Did you wipe your device prior to sending? Did you have to give them any information, like passwords, etc?

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just shattered my Lumia 950 screen - planning to send it to Palco. Did you wipe your device prior to sending? Did you have to give them any information, like passwords, etc?

If my phone had been functional enough I would have just wiped it but my phone screen was not usable at all.

So I ended up giving them my passcode to get in. The lady that worked on it called me when she fixed it and was walking me through what she was doing to check it.

Palco really did a nice job. And unfortunately most likely our only option.

michaeljmann2000

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
thats crap to Pay Palco through the nose. I am every bit technically capable as they are. They have relationship with Microsoft as they are only ones that have OEM glass and MS not releasing OEM to any outside Channel. I love this phone but the way Microsoft has sequestered the screen replacement, I won't buy anything from Microsoft again. Also this thread put here by a Palco operative. You all can go to hell, rip off.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
thats crap to Pay Palco through the nose. I am every bit technically capable as they are. They have relationship with Microsoft as they are only ones that have OEM glass and MS not releasing OEM to any outside Channel. I love this phone but the way Microsoft has sequestered the screen replacement, I won't buy anything from Microsoft again. Also this thread put here by a Palco operative. You all can go to hell, rip off.

Take your pills and settle down.

$185 for phone screen repair is more than fair.

You cannot fix high end Android or iPhone screen for cheaper than that locally. I know first hand having to get a LG G4 and a Samsung Galaxy S7 screen repaired.

michaeljmann2000

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
You must be a Microsoft or Palco operative. Who the hell are you to tell me WHAT IS FAIR and how to spend my money? Especially when it is an easy fix. Because you are inept in this regard, don't need to hear your percolations. FACT REMAINS DISTRIBUTION OF A COMMONLY BROKEN PART FOR THIS DEVICE is a scam. Microsoft putting our asses over a barrel. But looking at your picture you probably would enjoy that, figuratively speaking of course. I will be in Redmond in the fall and you can be sure I will be knocking at the door of the product manager for this channel. PAY BACK IS BEEEEEYYAAAACH Microsoft. If anyone wants to shut me up get me a supplier for the OEM screen, not the crap from China.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have never used PALCO, but I always hear good things. I've replaced a few of these (and 950's). A site called fonejoy has original MS parts. They are more expensive than aftermarket, but they are original, so there are no worries. The replacement isn't too hard.

If you don't like PALCO, buy a screen and fix - it's not that hard.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
This is why I paid the hundred dollars Microsoft asked for when I first bought the phone. You never have to deal with this. Any problems go to Microsoft and leave with a new phone 20 minutes later

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo