Can I plug my 950 XL into an external hard drive?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
re:

You should be able to. But I don't know what external hard drive you have.

I'll tell you the easiest answer. If you have a computer, you could pretty easily plug your phone into your computer, and your computer's hard drive is now an external hard drive for your phone.

Pretty simple solution, eh? Does that answer your question?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
re:

Not sure about power supply from the port. I assume it would be very low...
I would assume the same, however, i think with the continuum dock, considering it has USB 2.0 ports, it should be possible.
Haven't tried to see if the phone recognizes the HDD connected to the dock in that case, though.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

I tried an external drive and it doesn't work doesn't mean they all do it maybe only compatible on certain drives/ format of the drives I didn't bother looking into it to find out, maybe format in fat32 or fatx may work as sd cards normally are set as that!

Gabriel Celio

Mar 17, 2017
Visit site
Re:

I know this is an old thread, but for those who may search and find it the answer is yes with the adapter.

I use my Lumia 950 XL with a couple of external drives, one from Seagate 1.5 TB (NTFS) and a Western Digital 2TB (NTFS), and I have tried on an old 800 GB (FAT32, formatted using Ridgecrop software for that) with minor issues of after a few times connecting it may not show up to disconnect.

I have watched up to 4K movies but only those that are 6 GB size. Larger than that and there are issues, like a 25GB was unwatchable but I could hear it playing.

I hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)