Finally Got The Spare Battery For My Lumia 950XL!!!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You have to be a bit careful with these, and make sure you have one that has a good algorithm.
Since they don't have all the pins (many batteries have a thermal pin and I can't remember the last one), it has to watch for voltage cut-off, when charging, so it doesn't overcharge your battery. The good ones are implemented well, I have an old one that's very consistent. Unfortunately, given all the differing pin-outs, having one of these that's universal and uses the thermal and other extra functions is largely impractical, particularly since they have to compete price-point-wise.
I think with a lot of the stuff out there now, you have to very carefully read reviews, paying close attention to the negative ones, to make sure they're not causing exploding or leaking batteries, as the result of overcharge.

Well said :wink:.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
what do you recommend?
I never use suspicious products. I use products from well known brands / big companies only. we can't find official Microsoft battery, I know. if I were you and I need extra battery, I will buy some external battery banks produced by e.g. Sony or Samsung or other big / well known companies.

Abhinav Mudaliar

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello sorry for the delayed response...i purchased the battery from rounded.com, and its 100% genuine, when i inserted the battery for the first time i got a msg saying new battery inserted, so of course its Microsoft battery

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Quick tip, if your battery does not sit flat on the table and has a bow or bulge it is damaged from overheating and Microsoft store will replace with a new phone.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello sorry for the delayed response...i purchased the battery from rounded.com, and its 100% genuine, when i inserted the battery for the first time i got a msg saying new battery inserted, so of course its Microsoft battery
as far as I know, Microsoft does not sell battery of 950xl separately. we do not have official method to buy a genuine Microsoft battery for 950xl.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...earch%26product%3D504812235038&token=u6tckIrH

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

The packaging looks suspicious to me. On the left hand side of the package it says "protected wiht dna". "Wiht" is probably meant to be "With". I suppose that mistakes can happen, but that seems like a pretty obvious mistake to make on official packaging. And just because it says a new battery was inserted doesn't mean it's genuine.

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by jdballard
Originally Posted by Abhinav Mudaliar

The packaging looks suspicious to me. On the left hand side of the package it says "protected wiht dna". "Wiht" is probably meant to be "With". I suppose that mistakes can happen, but that seems like a pretty obvious mistake to make on official packaging. And just because it says a new battery was inserted doesn't mean it's genuine.

The package is done by Rounded, not Microsoft. Official is referring to the battery itself, not the packaging.

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine from Stellatech, somewhere in Europe, and it's quite obviously a "real", branded battery. That said, I think I've used it once, maybe twice, so I'm not sure it's quite the value that I perceived.
stellech and fonejoy, lumia 950xl battery is out of stock, where to go to get original battery?

ali padida

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Quick tip, if your battery does not sit flat on the table and has a bow or bulge it is damaged from overheating and Microsoft store will replace with a new phone.

Damn I live in Iran (we are under sanctions), and I guess my lumia 950 xl's battery is damaged from overheating (it seems it has a buldge)
It drains battery, like 5 percents in a minute.
I don't know what to do, I guess I have to buy a battery and replace it.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of trying to get a replacement battery a couple of weeks ago but then MS released that last update and now my battery lasts 2/3 days again!

leNeo

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey, need support urgently.
I've come across the same problem but the local service center isn't helping.
What should i do? How do you know that the store replaces ballooned battery -phones?
Not even being able to buy a new one ;/

Reply urgently.

rishm

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Abhinav,
how has been the performance of the battery you purchased from Rounded?
My 950XL re-boots several times in a day and it seems battery is the issue; it is certainly swollen. I should have checked the battery earlier as now my battery is out of warranty (just over 6 months)

Thanks,
Rishi

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by rishm
Hi Abhinav,
how has been the performance of the battery you purchased from Rounded?
My 950XL re-boots several times in a day and it seems battery is the issue; it is certainly swollen. I should have checked the battery earlier as now my battery is out of warranty (just over 6 months)

Thanks,
Rishi

I have had the same issue with the battery twice now, first time MS replaced it for me and now going through the process a second time but using the new third party support B2X and hoping the process is both quick and smooth as the first. Hard to believe I'm having to change the battery less than 6months after the first was replaced but here I am. I'm not sure what has caused it and im certain the liquid cooling in the device is supposed to help this not happening. Anyway, my symptoms are very similar to your own and quite annoying as my device will reboot repeatedly if the battery is less than 60%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)