Lumia 950xl random reboots build 14379

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm on the latest insider build (14379) with my Lumia 950xl dual sim, and for the last few builds have been experiencing a lot of random reboots! Today alone I had 12. Of the 12, 8 times the phone rebooted, 4 times I had to do a battery pull to get it back on. It seems to do this most when the battery is below 30%. Reboots happen when I unlock the phone mostly... Has anyone else experienced this?

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm on the latest insider build (14379) with my Lumia 950xl dual sim, and for the last few builds have been experiencing a lot of random reboots! Today alone I had 12. Of the 12, 8 times the phone rebooted, 4 times I had to do a battery pull to get it back on. It seems to do this most when the battery is below 30%. Reboots happen when I unlock the phone mostly... Has anyone else experienced this?
my 950xl is running 14379 now and didn't reboot unexpectedly. I suggest giving it a factory reset.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to smash this thing against a wall. Every windows phone I get is progressively worse. I think the Note 7 will be my next phone.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, you could just move back to Release Preview, until things stabilize? I'm on RP, and I've rebooted spontaneously, once, in several months.
Having worked on OS dev for a long time (not currently), this is just the cost of being on the ultra-bleeding-edge side of things. If it hurts, well...

jenia90

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had numerous reboots each day, especially when texting a lot. So after doing a factory reset its all gone and the phone works silky smooth again 👍

Dr Feilij

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same exact problem....dont know what to do. Whenever battery drops to 50%....random reboots. Unbelievable.
Am going back to Lumia 1520

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So after having 26 reboots yesterday I went to my local Microsoft store. (Orlando, fl: Florida mall). After explaining my issue, the manager came out with a brand new (in the box, non refurbished) Lumia 950xl. Gave me an exchange. I was on my way in less than 10 minutes, didn't have to argue. I told them I tried the WDRT and rolled back 10586 and still had the issue. I showed them this thread here as well. Exchange was easy and didn't cost anything. Even got to keep the extra charger! Definitely go to your local store. Also, anyone else having an issue with this app not allowing you to reply thread?

tnadera

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I still suffer from the same problem, and the thing is that my phone was very good before and never rebooted, but suddenly it resets A LOT...
I tried hard reset, and nothing happen. So I tried WDRT and remained on the release build and still the problem still exists!!!!!
I really don't know what to do, and is it a software or hardware problem??
Unfortunately I'm not from USA so it's not as easy as getting a new one here :(

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I still suffer from the same problem, and the thing is that my phone was very good before and never rebooted, but suddenly it resets A LOT...
I tried hard reset, and nothing happen. So I tried WDRT and remained on the release build and still the problem still exists!!!!!
I really don't know what to do, and is it a software or hardware problem??
Unfortunately I'm not from USA so it's not as easy as getting a new one here :(

I'd bet this is due to recent changes, almost exclusively. My phone had one hang (all Release Preview builds) up until 494, when it's hung a couple of times.
Then, after the firmware update, I managed to hang it again, testing the "shouldn't double-tap wake in your pocket mode", where it was trying to "look for me", but hung and eventually crashed, probably not super-well tested, yet.
I'm leaving feedback for this last one, as it's pretty quantifiable, although I haven't managed to repro again, yet.

Please, take the time to leave feedback, if you're hitting these (if you have your phone set to send all crash data, then MS will also have corresponding dump files that are close to your feedback time), so they get looked at, if they're frequent and repro-able.
Sometimes they don't have tests for real-world stuff, it's not as easy as you'd think, so we have to do our part...

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Mike Santagata

I've had the same issue/very similar issue. Thinking about a reset with no restore from backup.

gr021857

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
My phone has been doing this constantly for weeks, I've submitted so many feedback reports it's ridiculous. I have just used recovery to flash the latest firmware at the weekend, moved up to Insider again, did hard reset on insider and then restored from backup - Still getting the issue.

It is definitely below 50% where it occurs most frequently and I don't recall it ever happening whilst on charge. If I have battery saver turned on it happens nearly every time I hit the 20% mark - not very battery saving when it reboots on 13~15%! I have a strange green line flash appear on my screen and I have to do the Volume Down + Power to reboot each time.

MAK11

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
My phone has been doing this constantly for weeks, I've submitted so many feedback reports it's ridiculous. I have just used recovery to flash the latest firmware at the weekend, moved up to Insider again, did hard reset on insider and then restored from backup - Still getting the issue.

It is definitely below 50% where it occurs most frequently and I don't recall it ever happening whilst on charge. If I have battery saver turned on it happens nearly every time I hit the 20% mark - not very battery saving when it reboots on 13~15%! I have a strange green line flash appear on my screen and I have to do the Volume Down + Power to reboot each time.

Your battery is dead (and probably already swollen).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/433065-lumia-950xl-phone-stability.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo