Lumia 950XL - VOLTE - Flash EE UK Rom to get Jio SIM worked

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am in thought of flashing EE UK rom for my Lumia 950XL Single SIM which is unbranded. And I got it from UK. So that I can make Jio SIM to work on it.

These are the supported bands my Jio (Band 3 (1800Mhz), Band 5 (850Mhz), Band 40 (2300Mhz))

Do flashing other carrier rom will give me any problem ? and also do i miss OTA update from microsoft ?

Whats the latest build for EE UK Rom and where can I download it from. Can any EE UK customer can confirm the VOLTE availability ?

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Is volte an option that you opt in for? I know EE has a list of compatible phones that the service 'should' work with, that I saw the other day. I'm a tmobile customer on EE, so not eligible to use it. Maybe not much help to you, but I assume you've got the right tariff for it.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Is volte an option that you opt in for? I know EE has a list of compatible phones that the service 'should' work with, that I saw the other day. I'm a tmobile customer on EE, so not eligible to use it. Maybe not much help to you, but I assume you've got the right tariff for it.

see attach image is there enhance 4G serives available for you..asked because i flashed EE UK ROM on L950XL single sim..there arent any feature like that in sim settings...also tried vodafone uk, no luck...tried At&t US, it fails to flash ..wp_ss_20160603_0001.jpg

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
see attach image is there enhance 4G serives available for you..asked because i flashed EE UK ROM on L950XL single sim..there arent any feature like that in sim settings...also tried vodafone uk, no luck...tried At&t US, it fails to flash ..View attachment 130879

This is copied from the EE site 4G Calling | Help | EE
'Who can get 4G Calling
To use 4G Calling, make sure all of the following apply to you:

you have an EE pay monthly plan or small business or large business 4GEE plan
you have one of these phones:

Microsoft Lumia 550, 650, 950, 950XL
Sony Xperia X, X Compact, Z5, Z5 Premium and Z5 Compact - bought directly from EE in one of our stores, online at ee.co.uk, or through our telesales team
LG G5 - bought directly from EE in one of our stores, online at ee.co.uk, or through our telesales team
you've updated to the latest software version
you're in an area with EE 4G coverage

Sorry, but 4G Calling isn't available if you're on pay as you go, T-Mobile or Orange'

I've removed some of the compatible phones listed, for concision.

I am not eligible for EE's service, as I'm using a legacy tariff and thus unable to check if it will work for me. I'm also away from the USA and can't test ATT's service for a month or so - I use EE and ATT as my carriers.

There may be a point of ensuring that your SIM card/IMEI is accepted by the network as acceptable for them to permit VoLTE service to it. And, in the case of EE, you have to be on the right tariff that they provide VoLTE service to: as I said, mine isn't and they also don't provide it for pay as you go customers.

These were just some points that I thought about, after revisiting the question.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
okay i taught just by flashing some carrier volte supported rom will get volte features.....i'm using jio(india)...which enabled volte by deafult for all android and ios devices or all devices which support volte by default..now ms doesnt support volte by default they tie up with carrier to provide volte firmware..being single sim device i taught by flashing carrier rom i can get volte to work with jio..tried many roms, failed..

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
okay i taught just by flashing some carrier volte supported rom will get volte features.....i'm using jio(india)...which enabled volte by deafult for all android and ios devices or all devices which support volte by default..now ms doesnt support volte by default they tie up with carrier to provide volte firmware..being single sim device i taught by flashing carrier rom i can get volte to work with jio..tried many roms, failed..

I think it's going to depend on the carrier, away from your known area. Certainly EE isn't making it available to each and every customer that may have the technology for it.

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I have EE pay monthly plan. But as I have Lumia 950XL unbranded so for me there isn't that feature VoLTE. Only what I have is Wifi Calling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs