My Lumia 950 XL Won't Recognise My microSD Card

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I just got my new Lumia 950 XL and have been setting it up today. I just set up my new 128 GB Sandisk microSD to replace my old 32GB (it's also considerably faster) and was excited to try it out. However, my 950 XL is failing to even recognize that I have a microSD card inserted. I've tried resetting and inserting again, but it won't work. I'm on the Release Preview and a nearly fresh build (I've not really dived into it yet).

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I just got my new Lumia 950 XL and have been setting it up today. I just set up my new 128 GB Sandisk microSD to replace my old 32GB (it's also considerably faster) and was excited to try it out. However, my 950 XL is failing to even recognize that I have a microSD card inserted. I've tried resetting and inserting again, but it won't work. I'm on the Release Preview and a nearly fresh build (I've not really dived into it yet).
-use it on other compatible device.
If not working then :
- format it using PC
OR
Exchange it via SanDisk customer support.

Prometheus2021

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Been having the same issue with my 200GB SD card also from SanDisk on my 950XL, I'm on the latest build of the preview program, and after I factory reset my phone, my card stopped working. I'm currently trying to fix the problem. I'll let you know if I succeed.

Update: After*a few hours, a few downloads of formatting programs, putting it on different phones, and much patience I got it to work again with my Lumia 950XL. None of the*things mentioned above worked for me, what ended up doing the job was letting my 950XL run out of battery and turn off, after that I popped the SD card back in, and plugged my phone to get it charging, and VOILA! my SD card is back in business again.*I'm not sure why this was the method that worked, but I'm glad it worked again. My only concern now is letting my phone run out of juice or an unexpected reboot might make the card fail me again. Gonna have to be extra careful and not let my phone reset, reboot or run out of battery, which will be kind of annoying. Anyways, hope*my input helped. Have a great one!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa