Poll for 950/XL users - Do you Mozo? Or nah...

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hah? Rubbery backs? I thought, there are only stock and Mozo backs :straight:
This thread is about Mozos but there are lots of replacement backs in several colors on eBay and elsewhere. I haven't seen any that say they have a rubber surface but I might have just missed them. The ones I've seen don't mention the finish or say its hard plastic. Some Mozo backs say they have rubbery edges.

cocopops

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Red/Gold, White lather, and Zebra Mozo.

The leather ones are holding up great, slight wearing on the corners.

The Zebra is by far my favourite, but by far the worst for wear. It is not coated in Varnish or anything, so I have found (I am a heavy user), that my sweat from my hands has slightly dis-coloured the back where my fingers normally grip the device. I don't really sweat, so yeah.

Either way, no regrets!

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine:
WP_20170119_14_06_59_Pro.jpg

Loving it so far... it looks so cool and more safe (due to the thickness increase and rubber on the sides)

rorick

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I have the black leather and it looks great ..... But it feels a lot hotter on the left side than with the original white case + TPU... I think I'll go back for it.

Does anyone else feel it warms up more with mozo?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The leather ones indeed feel hotter than the stock ones, maybe because they trap more heat. The wood ones are better, in thus regard.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No heat (more than the "normal" heat of the Spnadragon 810) in the Wood one... and I believe it's even less hot than the original cover (or maybe the heat doesn't pass to the outside because of the wood.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
No heat (more than the "normal" heat of the Spnadragon 810) in the Wood one... and I believe it's even less hot than the original cover (or maybe the heat doesn't pass to the outside because of the wood.
Actually, You are right - if the back is cool, then all heat keeps inside (the same as CPU cooler in PC).

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually, You are right - if the back is cool, then all heat keeps inside (the same as CPU cooler in PC).

Agree, but I still believe (even if the heat doesn't "escape" so freely) it would run cooler, or at least not hotter because of the extra thickness of the cover...it would give a bit more space to breed.

either way... It won't die with the heat :). if it gets too hot, the phone will shut down by itself.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My Zebra-wood back arrived. Now I need to research the gentlest ways to remove/install the backs. Some owners say they swap them all the time with no issues and others say the backs break after taking them on and off a few times. I'm guessing how you do it matters.

The Zebra-wood has a nice texture to it. The grain is raised. There is a thin matte clear finish over the wood.

Attachments

• Mozo 950XL backs.jpg
    Mozo 950XL backs.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hmm my Zebra wood has no finish over it. Its the raw wood, you can even fell the grain in the wood with your finger.

Just bought mine from here at Windows Central a few weeks ago too.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hmm my Zebra wood has no finish over it. Its the raw wood, you can even fell the grain in the wood with your finger.

Just bought mine from here at Windows Central a few weeks ago too.
Yeah, I can feel the grain on mine.There definitely isn't any stain on the wood, but it seems to have a very thin coat of clear matte sealer sprayed onto it.

I emailed Mozo to ask them. Will post what they say.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the Cognac Leather with the metal trim and the screen cover that closes magnetically. really nice.
I also have the bluetooth bug so all of my bluetooth headsets are useless. not nice.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Brown leather Mozo back on my 950 XL, and elegant red leather Mozo back on my wife's 950. Definitely the nicest looking, classy looking phones compared to the "childish" plastic phones. Most people have cheap disposable plastic phones that they don't care about. Some are pink?

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
How do the flip covers wear? I have the leather back with metal trim that also flips around to protect the screen. Anyone else have it? Does it last with heavy use? It certainly was costly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)