View Poll Results: Are you using a Mozo back on your Lumia 950 or 950XL?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am using a Mozo back.

23 74.19%
  • No, I use the original back that came with the device.

8 25.81%
03-14-2017 09:57 PM
73 123
tools
    I'm curious to see how many of you are using a Mozo back vs using the original back on your Lumia 950 or 950 XL. So please say so in the poll!

If you are using a Mozo back, i'd be interested to hear which one!

I myself use the walnut wood Mozo back on my Lumia 950 XL.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    01-26-2017 08:55 AM
    I'd love to have the red leather back, but the price is just a bit too high for me to justify buying one. So OEM black for me.
    01-26-2017 10:30 AM
    And.... how do you like it? I lust after that dark walnut back, but $40 for a back, when I bought my XL used for a steal ..... tough to swallow. Is it amazing? Do you love it?
    01-26-2017 10:33 AM
    Using a replacement original. Bought the phone in black, bought an official replacement in white. I'm annoyed by "the creak" daily, despite having a bunch of sticky notes stuck on the battery - as one does on flagship phones. Would buy a mozo but they're still pretty darned expensive!
    01-26-2017 11:33 AM
    And.... how do you like it? I lust after that dark walnut back, but $40 for a back, when I bought my XL used for a steal ..... tough to swallow. Is it amazing? Do you love it?
    I really like it! I like the look and the feel. The phone feels super premium in hand. And i'm a big fan of the grippy plastic on the sides.

Yes, the price is steep. But I had some cash from Christmas gifts, so I figured, why not.

Using a replacement original. Bought the phone in black, bought an official replacement in white. I'm annoyed by "the creak" daily, despite having a bunch of sticky notes stuck on the battery - as one does on flagship phones. Would buy a mozo but they're still pretty darned expensive!
    One of the factors behind my decision to get a Mozo back was to avoid that loose/creaky back plate issue. So far so good.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    01-26-2017 04:31 PM
    Originally posted by Joe920
    Don't place it on the battery. The battery heats one is one thing, but the weak points isn't on the battery. I did use electrical tape on the cover itself, focused on the area of give, mostly on the the sides.

I also used Mozo, the plastic blue one. Had the brown leather before, but it wasn't water resistant and became discolored and wrinkly.
    Kot Prada likes this.
    01-26-2017 04:38 PM
    I have both the green and blue backs and honestly I really enjoy them. The device really feels more premium and they're pretty durable so it's sort of like a case without the bulk.. However I did drop it and it creaks so does not always solve the creak problem.
    01-26-2017 06:28 PM
    I'm a bit obsessed.

I have the blue, coral and green rubbery backs
    Also the black walnut and cognac leather backs
    Plus my original white 950 XL back

Leather was my standard for awhile until I received my first rubbery back (love the tactile effect of the rubbery backs)
    Now I rotate through the blue, coral and green rubbery backs
    jmshub likes this.
    01-26-2017 07:43 PM
    i use the knockoff green one, it actually feels like the genuine one
    https://imgur.com/a/O7uNU
    01-27-2017 02:03 AM
    I have black walnut, love it.... Too bad the rubber sides rubs off pretty quick, especially in warm weather ☹ but at least it's still black under ☺

The wood has held up really well!
    01-27-2017 02:52 AM
    Got a black leather one within a week of buying my Lumia 950XL in Dec, 2015. Bought the Zebra wood one in summer 2016 as the leather one felt a but too warm.

Tried switching back to the leather one last month, but it had caught fungus in storage, so had to throw it away.
    01-27-2017 04:27 AM
    Yeah, I am using the red leather Mozo cover, I might buy another one later this year but so far I really like it.

Sent from mTalk on my Lumia 950
    01-27-2017 04:51 AM
    I have the cognac leather on my 950XL. I might also buy a zebra-wood but worry about the backs not holding up to regular swaps. Not a big fan of stamped texturing on leather so not likely to get a red, black or white leather back, but if I did would get a white one. I prefer leather slightly over wood since smooth leather doesn't look worse to me with age (actually better in some ways) while I would never like the effects of aging on a wood back. Just a personal preference and wouldn't stop me from buying a wood back since I'm pretty careful with my phones..
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-27-2017 06:21 AM
    For anyone worried about the Mozo cases breaking after swapping too much, that's not the case. I must have swapped between my black leather and zebra wood one at least 50 times and on/off for SIM/Memory swap 50 times more. They are as durable as the official cover, if not more.
    01-27-2017 06:36 AM
    I would try Mozo case but i can't find them in any store,and ordering from site is not recommended here in Serbia.
    01-27-2017 07:18 AM
    The Mozo cases look great, but I have a case that covers the back of my phone, so I have always stuck with the stock black back.
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-27-2017 09:10 AM
    For anyone worried about the Mozo cases breaking after swapping too much, that's not the case. I must have swapped between my black leather and zebra wood one at least 50 times and on/off for SIM/Memory swap 50 times more. They are as durable as the official cover, if not more.
    Thanks. I ordered a Zebra-wood cover
    01-27-2017 09:37 AM
    I've had a cognac leather back on my 950 almost since day 1 when the phone released. It has held up tremendously well, looks and feels great.
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    01-27-2017 11:25 AM
    I have the black Mozo leather*back, but it doesn't look like it*would*protect the phone in*a drop situation. I have a soft Incipio case that covers the original*back. It does not*fit correctly over the Mozo back. I do*switch to the Mozo*cover*when I am in professional situations*where I need to have my phone out -*it looks awesome with the leather back.
    01-27-2017 11:57 AM
    I use the original back w a TPU case ($5. vs $45.) on it - looks rather dull, but protected.
    I like the grip afforded by the TPU case, the protective overhang/lip on the front ...
    Got the phone on the MS BOGO deal, still looking for the correct subtle color (have black on black), perhaps a dark blue, ruby red ...
    My old Lumia 1520 looked great w a black TPU case, framing the red phone.
    Rupert Holmes likes this.
    01-27-2017 01:59 PM
    I would keep my money if I were you. The quality of the covers doesn't warrant the price. I use a brown leather back Mozo on a Lumia 950 XL. I used Nilkin cases before, which were better looking and sturdier.
    01-27-2017 02:14 PM
    Brown leather for me.
    01-27-2017 03:39 PM
    I bought many of them but didn't like any of the colors when they were on the phone. I really wanted to like the cyan color but it was a lighter cyan than some of the Lumia phones.
    01-27-2017 03:41 PM
    brown leather back Mozo on a Lumia 950 XL, love it, very natural feeling
    01-27-2017 10:57 PM
    I love my green back plate on my 950, I'm tempted to get the wooden back plate, but they're so expensive.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-27-2017 11:04 PM
73 123