Does Lumia 950 XLs baterry work good?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
On latest RP build 14393.726 battery life is bad. Without touching my phone in one hour it goes from 100% to 95%, which is ridiculous.

I may switch to Fast Ring to see if it's any better.

Everything else is perfect and I like this phone a lot.

PS: I've disabled some apps from running in background, also Mail is set to check for new messages every 15 minutes.

Lumia 950 XL DS (Europe one), all enabled, but only 1 SIM (4G) in use, with the latest insider build. Full charged (100 %) and check after 1 hour (not using during that time, but all enabled), still 100 % ... and a new check after 2 hours, battery 99 %

By the way, I like that phone a lot too, but for a reason, as it seems that I have not a such battery problem :) ... honestly, a bad 4G signal might be a key issue in some cases.

Last edited:

raiderfan247365

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
The battery isn't "excellent" but it is not "bad" either. I came from a Lumia 1520 which had an amazing battery, even with W10. I take my phone off the charger at 6:30am and when I get home around 6pm I have ~30% remaining. I listen to Pandora throughout the day, moderate web browsing, no games, minimal video watching. I also work in a building with bad reception, my phone is often searching for a signal a good chunk of the day. Without this, I bet I could get home with ~50% battery remaining.

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
9 to 10h before charging. Some physic gaming, like 1 hours, but mostly Edge browsing.
I don't have drain while not using the phone, but hell, using edge can go as far as -15%/hour!
Overall not a really good battery, luckily I have enought wireless charging pad to not be bothered by this. And quick charge help a lot. But it's far the time where we could look down to other plateform with the excellent wp8 battery life.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
It seems better now. Is it possible that new device needs some time to settle things down before we get optimized battery life? This morning it was 100% > 98% in one hour, same build.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It seems better now. Is it possible that new device needs some time to settle things down before we get optimized battery life? This morning it was 100% > 98% in one hour, same build.
Yes, of course ... it consumes more power during first days.

By the way, my idle consumption was only 2 % in 7 hours (over night, all enabled), so idle consumption is fine with build 15031. I will check it again after few days, as I just downloaded the latest insider build 15043.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett