Is anyone else not happy with OS performance?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter if I'm on production or fast ring, the OS is just not that smooth. Random brief freezes on start screen and in apps. Keyboard glitches sometimes. Navigation often doesn't work right. Not everything is app related. I think part of the reason some apps suck is because of the OS itself.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's Windows 10 Mobile for you I guess. However, I would try using the WDRT or erasing the phone first to make sure it's not some temporary glitch.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't matter if I'm on production or fast ring, the OS is just not that smooth. Random brief freezes on start screen and in apps. Keyboard glitches sometimes. Navigation often doesn't work right. Not everything is app related. I think part of the reason some apps suck is because of the OS itself.

My wife gets similar issues on her iPhone 6. No OS is perfect.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

just so you know, my L950XL and now L950 BOTH don't have those problems you described... I would suggest what Xandros suggested and erasing using MS WDRT and re-install WM10 again to clear the gremlins...

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I have occasional issues on my Lumia 640/XL, but that's to be expected of a low end device. They still run far better than a comparable Android device.
And my Lumia 950 XL runs flawlessly 99.9999% of the time. I have issues with my 950 but that's to be expected since it's on the Fast Ring.

Either you need to be more patient (no OS is perfect... I had more issues on Android than W10M), or try resetting.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Should try the fast ring 15043 up. It's nice. Heck the 15047 is smooth. Try starting from scratch...

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It also depends on the chipset and memory capacity. I continue to be surprised and impressed with the IDOL 4S. 64g of storage and expandable memory. As long as you're not pushing your phones memory to the limit, updates should be fine.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It also depends on the chipset and memory capacity. I continue to be surprised and impressed with the IDOL 4S. 64g of storage and expandable memory. As long as you're not pushing your phones memory to the limit, updates should be fine.

Agreed. This phone continues to zip along as good as any iPhone or Android.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss