New battery

benualson

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to let you all know that this new battery is money. My original battery would have been dead by now. The new battery is still at 40%

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll add that the battery is at 71% after work now. Old battery would have been at 20-25%
How old is your 950XL? Late Nov 2015 is when the model was released.

Do you think the problem was just normal life span for the battery or was the original battery defective? The battery in my 1520 was still at least 90% of new after several years of use. Of course the 1520 needed much fewer recharges than my 950XL. The 950XL is good for a day and I am NOT a heavy user. The 1520 was good for 4 days.

sriram prabhu

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
If they one you got looks like the one pictured on Amazon then it's not a genuine battery. The text spacing is all wrong and there's a missing model number above the certification logos . This is how the original battery look like (or simply compare to the one you initially had in your phone).
https://stellatech.com/pubs/uploads...ttery-li-ion-bv-t4d-3340mah,56d59fb88e52e.jpg
View attachment 134400

Hi MAK,

Can you please post the Pics of battery you got from rounded.com? is it original?

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just received my two batteries from rounded.com and I believe they are originals. I'll keep you guys updated and the next couple of days for testing.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The one on the left is the original and the one on the right is the one from rounded.com. I have the other one from rounded in my phone. WP_20170321_23_21_48_Rich_LI.jpg

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
A 24hrs update on 950xl batteries from rounded.com

I'm running the latest fast ring (15063). With the original battery my phone would begin to act up once it drop below 70% with the green screen flash, rebooting whenever unlocking or using the camera, sometimes a loud buzzing sound until a soft reset.

With the new battery, i haven't had any issue. I've gotten it below 20% and was able to use the camera burst shoots with flash and not a single reboot (3 burst shots). I've tried everything that would have cause the phone to reboot and was unsuccessful. So far so good.

Also the battery last WAY longer then the original. Took me a lot longer to drain it down.

I will post an update in a week unless I get a reboot.

Last edited:

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
To chime in on the battery replacement, I concur that rounded.com's batteries look to be legit. My phone was shutting off at ~40% multiple times a week which seems to have been fixed with a new battery. My experiences are that the rounded.com ones look to be official or at least of good quality (also found a seller on eBay z_xinhua who has batteries with serial numbers the look legit, I have tested the battery from this seller for two weeks, vs 1 week for rounded, and both perform admirably).

That said, if you're going to buy one battery I'd go with rounded.com and if you see the words LCG_BV_T4D_PhoneProgram_v6.0 where the serial number should be I'd stay away, I bought and used one of those for half a day and the results weren't pretty.

MAK11

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. My batteries look like the ones in the picture SlightlyDum posted. Which means that they are genuine. Like I've been saying (and NYCMetsPDX came to the same conclusion). Rounded.com is/was the only site selling real genuine batteries everybody else on Amazon/EBay/aliexpress is/was selling fake ones. The battery that you buy must have exactly the same markings as the original one in your Lumia with the only difference being the manufacturing date. Nothing else.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought one battery from Amazon. The battery has amazing battery life. After leaving work for the day I was at 75%, after day two at 8pm I was at 36%. I normally only get about 10 hours of use. I got more than 36 hours!

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know of any other source? Rounded is out of stock and I'm also worried shipping will be crazy to the US.
Amazon doesn't seem to have genuine batteries from what I can tell.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of any other source? Rounded is out of stock and I'm also worried shipping will be crazy to the US.
Amazon doesn't seem to have genuine batteries from what I can tell.

I bought one from amazon and I am very happy. It looks genuine to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12