New battery

Jeff Corgan

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I contacted support. Here's what they say:

SERVICE: In order to purchase the new battery you may visit online e-commerce websites.Me: Is there a source that Microsoft recommends?
SERVICE: You may visit any online websites and you may purchase a new battery by checking the battery specifications on the websites.
Me: So no suggested website? There are many sites with fakes/low quality but compatable [sic] batteries.
SERVICE: You may visit amazon and e-bay like websites in order to purchase battery.

[FONT=&quot]¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/FONT]

benualson

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft support said they plan to have new genuine batteries in stock by the end of March. They also said Microsoft plans to release a new phone this year.

Jeff Corgan

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft support said they plan to have new genuine batteries in stock by the end of March. They also said Microsoft plans to release a new phone this year.

Do they keep stock of these in an outward facing page? I never recall seeing batteries on their online store, for example.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I got batteries for my L830 and L950 via eBay (US sellers), got to say they are not in abundance nor are the sellers themselves. My 830 wasn't even a year old before we went on an extensive hunt and was miffed at the miniscule availability. I've ordered replacements for 15+ year devices that were easier to come by than these phones which is quite bewildering. On a good note both batteries appear genuine working as expected.

benualson

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Do they keep stock of these in an outward facing page? I never recall seeing batteries on their online store, for example.

They said to call back at the end of March at which time they should have stock. I asked about a page; they said it wouldn't show up on the store but that I would have to call support to order one.

Jeff Corgan

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I got batteries for my L830 and L950 via eBay (US sellers), got to say they are not in abundance nor are the sellers themselves. My 830 wasn't even a year old before we went on an extensive hunt and was miffed at the miniscule availability. I've ordered replacements for 15+ year devices that were easier to come by than these phones which is quite bewildering. On a good note both batteries appear genuine working as expected.

How much do you usually spend? The one I just ordered off of eBay takes forever to charge, and depletes about 1% per minute of active use (Tweeting, audio playback, 25% brightness) and 20% during an hour of idling. It's close to being unreliable to carry.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
How much do you usually spend? The one I just ordered off of eBay takes forever to charge, and depletes about 1% per minute of active use (Tweeting, audio playback, 25% brightness) and 20% during an hour of idling. It's close to being unreliable to carry.

That was my experience with cheap battery for my android tablet. it would hold charge ok, but takes forever to charge. I assume it is due to poor quality of cells they use in order to make them cheap, seller would blame chargers, leads, usage or say that device is faulty and obviously nothing wrong with the battery...

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I paid between $40-$50 Canadian plus taxes/shipping, so in one sense not that cheap yet better than what I was initially expecting.

Call me lucky or what but in all honesty, I've purchased many batteries for multiple devices (not just phones) and if seller's claim was that they were original, their performance then backed that up. Like anything though there's no guarantee so some degree of risk is involved.

Must say I'm a bit disappointed to see such a crucial element being so hard to come by. Trying right now to find one for the last Lumia made/sold (650) and it's a bit underwhelming, found a few but either they're way over priced or the "genuine" aspect of them comes into question.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I ordered two batteries for my 1520.3, one from eBay and one from Amazon. (I was worried one, or both, would be fake and not work.) They were about $15 bucks. It took a long time to come from China. But one worked just fine (I forget which one, sorry). I had a tech shop put it in because batteries on 1520's are swappable and takes some expertise and proper tools to put in. I'm happy. FWIIW...

Jeff Corgan

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

An update: Either breaking the battery in with a few more charge cycles or Removing the SD card completely has improved matters. I'm now from 100-72% in about 3 hours, and a full charge in about 2.5 hours. Not wonderful but greatly improved

Jeremy Mathew

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I tried my luck with ebay and got a battery that lasts 75 percent as long and was also a tad smaller than original. Also random restarts and at times when camera flash was used.

Got another from rounded.com looks like the original and lasts as long too, no restarts random or otherwise
Its been a couple of weeks so far.

MAK11

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Yup rounded.com seems to be the only source of Genuine Lumia 950/XL batteries. Got 3 from them and all are perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb