Unable to access mobile internet, although calls and texts still work

Shugs81

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
No idea what's going on...

Had my phone for a couple of weeks.. soft reset it works for enough time for a load of notifications to come through but then stops working again.

When trying to access the store i get : 0x80072EFD and 0x8000FFFF
When trying to sync emails i get : 0x8007274d

i've tried googline the EM's but they only come back with desktop solutions.

is there a way i can sort this without wiping my phone?

Thanks

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Some providers allow you to turn off cell data services (which includes Internet access and some other services like Visual Voicemail) in your account. I have AT&T and accidently turned off the cell data option that is available when signed into my account using a web browser on the PC. (This option is not on the phone; it is in the web portal.) You might check.

Shugs81

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
in the windows web interface? I've checked all the options on the phone and on the web interface... where abouts in the options is it? or do you mean on the providers site?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe some parameters need to be entered, like APN, server, username, password... u can find those in SIM settings.
Also, U may want to try another SIM card in ur phone, or ur SIM card in another phone, just to exclude every possible scenario

Shugs81

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
right... checked the APN setting... took them out and re-input them.... i seem to have access to my emails now which is the important thing... but no explorer or FB (which is no big loss... lol) and the store still has the error codes... so my phone is still useable... morseso than when i started this thread....

just wonder how i can fix it... :( unless the only way is a full wipe...

Shugs81

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
well... full wipe didn't work... guess it's getting sold... shame as i really liked the phone... and there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it....

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, did u try my suggestion with another SIM card or ur SIM card in another phone? I am not sure that trouble is with the phone itself...

Shugs81

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Yeah... currently have the sim in my blackberry passport and it's been working fine... I've tried 4/5 different APN settings and each of them works for you short period and cuts off.... Three UK never sold the phone originally so they don't have the settings for it... and microsoft isn't going to have anything that helps... th phone is awesome and it does work but just not with three for some reason... it's a settings issue but I seems to have been the last big update for the phone that causes the issue... I've seen that AT&T users have been same issues and they have a much larger user base.... if it wasn't the fact that I use my phone for the internet more than anything else I coul probably live with it... I just hope I don't lose too much on it for only having it a few weeks... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss