Possible fix for reboot problem

vader42

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I am on the fast ring, so expected a few issues. I read a lot of posts about reboots being due to battery. Mine still lasts a day and is not bulging or anything, so I sort of ignored it.

When the battery started to get low (50%), it would crash almost every unlock. It was quite frustrating. I thought about the battery issue again, and thought that maybe it wasn't capacity, but the amount of current it can supply. When the phone starts up, everything springs into life and draws high currents - maybe that is the problem.

I disabled window hello, which turns on some (very bright) ir leds. These probably consume a fair number of herbs, so by disabling it, the battery would have less current and probably not drop the voltage as much.

It seems to work. No reboots so far, and I am on 40%. Obviously, a new battery would probably fix the issue as many have said, but I didn't want to buy one just yet. Disabling Windows hello seems to have done the trick.

Hope this helps other people.

MAK11

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Your battery is indeed busted. You may not want to buy a new one now but just know that you may not be able to buy a new one ever again if you don't act quickly. Rounded.com which was the last reseller to sell genuine batteries for the 950/ XL is now out of stock (and sold its last batch at 2x the price which probably means that they won't ever get more of them).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3