How do I know my approximate sensor is dead or it's a system bug?

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on latest build of slow ring, and my glance screen does not work properly. I take phone or t of my pocket but the e glance screen is not on.

Another symptom is that e when I make phone call I move the phone away from my ear but the screen isn't on.

Anybody have same issue?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The easiest solution is to make sure that there are no prints or oils near the earpiece - the proximity sensor is usually near the earpiece.

Another method (which is not as reliable) is to go to a dark room and look at the sides of the earpiece while making a call (call your own number, it doesn't matter if you actually call someone successfully). This would force the proximity sensor to turn on. In a dark room, you should see a faint red glow somewhere beside the proximity sensor. Putting something near it should turn your screen off.

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I tried your dark room method.

I looked really closely but I could not find "faint red glow". I called myself, the screen was on. I hover my hand on top of the phone and the screen was turned off right away. It seems that the sensor works. But when I removed my hand the screen wouldn't turn back on automatically, I had to use double tap or the power button.

It does sound like some glitch in the system.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Turn off the phone. Take out the battery for around 60 secs, then turn it on. In those 60 secs, clean the upper part of the phone with some dry cloth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05