Build 14393.1066

Jack Ciriello

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Did this screw up anyone else's phone? Bad timing for me because I just got this phone as an rma replacement but when I have an sd card installed my whole phone screws up. Settings disappears, cant open images from thumbnails (on sd or on phone!)...

I used the device recovery tool today but nothing works :(

Appreciate any help!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@Witness Anytime I guess notification issues, a reboot or soft reset usually fixes it for me. Actually one case, I needed a battery pull for some reason.
@Jack Ciriello I don't have any SD card problems now but I know last year sometime, my sd card should have been a lot faster than what it showed. In that case, I ended up taking the SD card out, put it into my SP3, dumped everything off and did a slow format of the card. It's been better since but still not perfect and may very well be that I have a not so great batch of sdcard.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
@Witness Anytime I guess notification issues, a reboot or soft reset usually fixes it for me. Actually one case, I needed a battery pull for some reason.
@Jack Ciriello I don't have any SD card problems now but I know last year sometime, my sd card should have been a lot faster than what it showed. In that case, I ended up taking the SD card out, put it into my SP3, dumped everything off and did a slow format of the card. It's been better since but still not perfect and may very well be that I have a not so great batch of sdcard.

Yeah, I've rebooted. Decided to pop out the battery this time. Still no-go. Phone will not sound when a text comes in when it's off, but there's sound when the phone is turned on. Checked the notification sound settings for text and it's fine as well as the power setting to ensure it's allowed in the background. I'd hate to hard reset just to try to fix it that way. I guess no one else has this problem since the last update?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@Witness another weird thing I found is that I tend to have that problem when I'm out of town for work! Like maybe when I'm primarily on my data connection. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but the couple times it happened when I was away for work, I was on data a lot.

I don't mess with my phone when I'm away so I just deal with the bad notifications (only non uwp seem to cause me problem like whatsapp, but mail kept coming through)... When I get back home with my wifi and do my reboots and/or battery pulls, everything is stable again

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have this issue.

Have you hard reset? I'm dragging my feet on it. Relying on my Band for notifications right now.

@Witness another weird thing I found is that I tend to have that problem when I'm out of town for work! Like maybe when I'm primarily on my data connection. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but the couple times it happened when I was away for work, I was on data a lot.

I don't mess with my phone when I'm away so I just deal with the bad notifications (only non uwp seem to cause me problem like whatsapp, but mail kept coming through)... When I get back home with my wifi and do my reboots and/or battery pulls, everything is stable again

My issue is with the built-in messaging app. Sigh...

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received the Creators Update yet but I did hard reset my phone which solved the problem. I learnt that if you hard reset with a highly charged battery and remove the SIM and microSD card when you perform the hard reset, the phone works better afterwards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99