Did anyone receive the 'creators update'?

DPBakerTX

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
I have my 950XL Dual in the Insider Preview set to receive the Release Preview ring updates. Current OS build is 10.0.15063.2 which should be what you'll get on the 25th.
I've learned one thing that appears to fix most of the issues and problems reported after any update - I turn it off completely > wait 1 minute > power on - as it appears the restart initiated by the update causes some disconnects between the OS and hardware that a hard reboot resets, e.g., HW and/or connection dependent apps closing unexpectedly.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by DPBakerTX
I have my 950XL Dual in the Insider Preview set to receive the Release Preview ring updates. Current OS build is 10.0.15063.2 which should be what you'll get on the 25th.
I've learned one thing that appears to fix most of the issues and problems reported after any update - I turn it off completely > wait 1 minute > power on - as it appears the restart initiated by the update causes some disconnects between the OS and hardware that a hard reboot resets, e.g., HW and/or connection dependent apps closing unexpectedly.

Oddly though my 950XL is in the Insider Preview but has only got up to 14393.1066 and fails to find the Creators Update.

Daky

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
He was probably in the fast or slow ring and that way he get Creators Update, then he moved to Release Preview to stay stable. I don't see the purpose of insider release preview if we can't get update prior the production. So I guess we have to wait another week.

DPBakerTX

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Actually I did move it to the fast ring when my test phone proved the stability of the March 30 release. Once it updated, changed back to preview release ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven