Barclays mobile banking app issues

Simon Edmunds

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
So my Barclays mobile has stopped working, says that my phone is jailbroken? No it isn't so what's going on? Tried the usual, uninstall \reinstall, hard reset etc but still the same. Any one else had this problem? This will be the death knoll for my 950 & windows mobile. Will be going back to IOS phone if I can't fix as this app is a deal breaker for me. ☹

HBLEY

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
When did this issue arrive?
Also, do you remember the last time you added any app to windows phone?

I use iPhone for banking apps and stuff. Its more secured.

Simon Edmunds

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Issue started today, no other apps installed recently. I,m on release preview ring so possible issue there. May have to do a factory reset and see what happens!

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Barclays claim they are aware of this and are working on sorting it. Is it coincidence that it happened after some of us received the Creators Update?

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Creators update killed Barclays Mobile Banking App here too, as soon as I updated the OS to 15063 it caused the app to think the phone was jailbroken

TV3

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Pleased to hear that Barlcays claim to be aware of this, fingers crossed that there is a solution. My app went (jailbroken) following the Creators Update (10.0.15063.251). I am heavily reliant on the Barclays mobile app and would welcome a fix.

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I also have the Barclays "jailbroken" problem, after my 950XL updated to CU last night. This phone has never been on Insider, and has the most secure setting (store apps only) in the "For Developers" section of settings. I hope Barclays fix this quickly. Both the banking app and the Pingit app are showing the jailbroken message.

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Same here, I guess the app does not recognize the new OS version or similar. I hope that it will be resolved with a simple update. If their WP technical support guy is still there...
Did my duty and reported the problem to Barclays.
BTW this topic should go to the Win10M subforum, it is not only on 950XL, but related tio the Creators Update.

Last edited:

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Same here, app broken after Creators Update last night. Told by help desk person at Barclays mobile to try again in a couple of hours when it should be fixed. Don't know how that is supposed to work if the app needs an update but will try again later. If not fixed soon then like many others will have to finally dump W10M phone for one that works properly with major apps. If this is another MSFT **** up then thanks a lot!

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
We've noticed that the latest Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update does not allow you to log onto our Mobile Banking app or Pingit. Please don't worry as our teams are working to fix this. We'll post regular updates on the Microsoft Store (search for our app). We'll be back in touch when sorted. Your Barclays Team

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Great news! I don't want to count chickens before they're hatched, but it seems to confirm Barclays is interested in keeping the app going. And great customer communication -- I just got this message by SMS from them.

MarkRae

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I got the Creators Update last night and now am getting the jailbroken message. I rang the Barclays Mobile helpline and they, eventually, admitted they know about the issue and "are working on it". No fix time, of course...

wp_ss_20170510_0001.jpg

sirendor

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Have the same problem since the update and on speaking to B2X this morning they have told me that microsoft is no longer supporting mobile banking apps which pretty much consigns this otherwise great phone to the bin. Reading the above posts lets hope barclays get this sorted as if I can't use pingit thats it I'm afraid.

raggedy b

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Now can't use Barclays app either ,forced update by Microsoft is not good enough ,was a decent app on the Windows phone ,no update from Barclays other than a text a week ago ,doubt either Microsoft or Barclays will be looking into it ,11 months left on my contract but I think it might be time to look at android :unhappy:

Simon Edmunds

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Congratulations MS, yet another App bites the dust! I have persisted with WM long enough but this banking app is vital to me and I'm not using edge every time I need to do mobile banking on the go. The current lack of developer support is killing WM. Will have to wait and see but ultimately if I lose this app then it's good bye WM, welcome back IOS. 😒

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Was one of the best apps for this obsolete phone OS. Sadly whenever MSFT 'update' the phone the Barclays app is incapable of recognising the 'new' version - so it just refuses to run. Barclays are 'very sorry' and are working to fix it, blah blah blah, but will give no date for this happening - if ever.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720