950XL Hangs After Windows Updates

chiques

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
For the last few updates, my phone will tend to hang after the update reboots the phone. I have to eventually hold the power+Vol Up button to soft reboot but this seems to be an ongoing issue.

Does this happen to anyone else who has a 950XL?

Goldenknob

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes the last few updates for me also. Even had a update yesterday 5-10-17. I couldn't get my 950xl to finish and not hang, till this morning, no matter how many times I soft reset.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes! Though my current" Dailey Driver" is the Elite X3,[ I still have my 950XL . However , I have experienced this Laggy effect on the Elite X3 noticeably AFTER the last 2 updates Ironically I was thinking about pulling out my 950 XL until its solved.

Its really bad using the Background App -Battery Settings

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Has happened to me with my 950XL the last few updates too. Thankfully I set a backup alarm on a second device, because one night my 950XL started updating during quiet hours, froze and shut down, and when I awoke I had to soft reset it to complete the update. Quite frustrating.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a few instances in the last few weeks where it rebooted on me and so far only one time where it needed a soft reset (power button + vol down), I had a lot of things going on so maybe the multitasking management go worse.

I do notice a hang in the mail app while writing messages, wordflow seems to lock up trying to figure out what I typing.... I can't click anywhere in the mail until it clears up. Maybe up to 30seconds?

jtwoodfield

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Last night my 950xl obviously "upgraded" its OS automatically. It now gets to the screen with the coloured Microsoft squares and then hangs. It will not get past that. I have tried taking the battery out. Battery out and waiting. Soft reset with power and volume. Holding the power key for ages. Connecting it to my PC. Taking out all of the cards in it. None of it works. A disaster. There does not seem to be anything wrong with the hardware and it is charged.

Any ideas?

jtwoodfield

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
You were lucky. After an update my 950xl would not boot past the Microsoft splash screen. I had to use the Device Recovery tool to get it to work at all.

Time consuming and miserable experience as, although my backup was up to date, it failed to restore many things including the way I had organised the Start screen.

Hardly impressive for what is now meant to be a stable OS.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
You were lucky. After an update my 950xl would not boot past the Microsoft splash screen. I had to use the Device Recovery tool to get it to work at all.

Time consuming and miserable experience as, although my backup was up to date, it failed to restore many things including the way I had organised the Start screen.

Hardly impressive for what is now meant to be a stable OS.

You downloaded the update that was mentioned all over the net not to download a couple days ago, didn't you...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire