Downloading movies to the 950XL

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested in knowing how to download movies to this phone. MS movies & TV app is a joke, the prices they charge for movies, even old movies is outrageous. And I see that Vudu doesn't have an app for WP and Edge doesn't use flash to download their app from the website, so they're out. The movies will be watched offline, that's the reason they need to be downloaded. So, that excludes Netflix and Hulu I assume since they're for streaming. Would downloading a movie from Amazon work? I know they don't have an app or support WP either. What do you guys/gals use? I installed Torrex but have no idea how to use it but I'm willing to give it a try. I know, lots of questions, sorry. I am getting frustrated with WP, it shouldn't be this hard. Maybe it's just me. :crying: Anyway, any help advice would be appreciated. TIA

Last edited:

Starboy21

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Well torrex is a torrent client which lets u download torrents n downloading movies from torrents is illegal n if u really want movies then u shudnt use torrex because torrents r not that safe u can use qbittorrent on ur pc or lap to download things from torrent u can search on google for torrent sites

Using torrents is not illegal but the movies u r going to download will be illegal so plz check out ur country's rules..

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I tend to not watch movies on my phone beyond Netflix. You could try installing movies onto an SD card and using that with your phone.

I don't watch movies on my phone either and don't intend to start. I want to download them to the SD card and use the Continuum dock to stream to a TV. It's the downloading to the SD card that I'm trying to figure out what's a good site to get them from. Thanks for the reply.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
You can download via Netflix. Its drm, and not everything on their is downloadable, but if you want that higher quality, and freedom from stutter that's an option.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If you want to be legal, then Netflix, as mentioned means you can download them to the SD card and watch them on the phone. Otherwise, you will have to take illegal means, It can be done either way.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Yeah, beyond using Netflix I'm not sure. I will say, however, that even if buying movies from Microsoft's Movies & TV isn't an option (which I understand, I don't either) the app itself will play any video or movie you put on the phone and it's a beautifully designed app.

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
If you want to be legal, then Netflix, as mentioned means you can download them to the SD card and watch them on the phone. Otherwise, you will have to take illegal means, It can be done either way.

Okay, thanks. Didn't know Netflix offered the ability to download. I'll have to check it out.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm interested in knowing how to download movies to this phone. MS movies & TV app is a joke, the prices they charge for movies, even old movies is outrageous. And I see that Vudu doesn't have an app for WP and Edge doesn't use flash to download their app from the website, so they're out. The movies will be watched offline, that's the reason they need to be downloaded. So, that excludes Netflix and Hulu I assume since they're for streaming. Would downloading a movie from Amazon work? I know they don't have an app or support WP either. What do you guys/gals use? I installed Torrex but have no idea how to use it but I'm willing to give it a try. I know, lots of questions, sorry. I am getting frustrated with WP, it shouldn't be this hard. Maybe it's just me. :crying: Anyway, any help advice would be appreciated. TIA

Can't You just connect it to PC and copy like music?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3