I may have missed something, But what happened to 3D touch?

Skunkwurx

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I remember the McLaren prototype was all about the 3d touch. And everything pointed to it being cancelled because it wasn't up to snuff. All stories also pointed to it being on the next 2 flagship phones, right up until Apple came out with 3d Touch/Force Touch. Since then everything to do with whatever Microsoft was doing in this regard fell off the side of the Earth. Not even a peep of where is this feature? that was for so long one of the largest talking points of the WP community.
The second biggest feature the iris scanner didn't even get called an iris scanner on stage. They stated "the phone supported Windows Hello", one demo that looked like it took ages while holding the phone perfectly and that was it... half a sentence... I get he also said Beta but even still. Give info on how its even "planned" to work.

As a side note I may have missed something where everyone realised or knew or were told about the lack of 3d Touch.... I missed that...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It got dropped. I saw a while ago there was a "leaked" video of it. -it seemed pretty flaky in usage and not very useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea