Are you planning to get a 950?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So we all have a difficult choice - do we get a 950 or a 950XL or wait a bit longer? What are you planning to do? Sound off below!

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'd get the unlocked 950 in a heartbeat if it supported Verizon bands.. Look.. Look.. Look up in the sky! It's a flock of birds.. No a squadron of planes.. No its raining corncobs! Stuck on my icon.. Sigh..

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Went to check out the XL at my local MSFT store and was amazed how good it felt in hand for size. Preordered a black one for $0 down.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Will head to local MS store this weekend. Want to hold both before I make up my mind but am definitely leaning toward 950.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on whether the unlocked version supports all of the necessary Verizon frequencies. I'm torn between the 950 and the Nexus 5X at this point.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Most likely. I've been on my Lumina 810 for 3 years now. I finally cracked the camera lens on my last road trip on my motorcycle when it fell out of my tank bag while riding through a parking lot.

Man the 810 is one tough phone. Going 5 mph, I got caught up in the earphone cord and yanked the phone out of a side pocket. Watched the phone bounce around in my rear view mirror. Went back expecting the screen to be shattered. Nope, all good and functional. Only later after taking pictures I kept noticing a weird lens flare on a bunch of my photos. Looking closely at the protective glass over the camera I noticed the crack.

So, yea. I'm due for a new phone. I will GLADLY pay upfront for the unlocked/unbranded version just so I can get timely firmware and O/S updates. No more waiting for the carrier to "approve" anything (screw you T-Mobile!!!)

As for which phone, 950 or the 950XL, I will most likely go with the 950. I'm really not that impressed with phablets, even though I have large hands. But I might change my mind when I go and check them out physically.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Will def get the Lumia 950 white to replace my 1020.... Thou in India we getting dual sim version and I'm happy for that... Hope pricing is right at launch or will wait a month or so to buy...or 2nd hand....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
You can also pre-order the 950 at the MS Store!! They have the SKU's for it. I have a picture of the exact SKU for the 950 which Jamie (the rep) scanned but was asked not to post it. So being a WP sucker, I pre-ordered a 950 along with a 950XL last night at the MSFT store in Woodland Hills, CA. She said I can change my mind and decide to just buy one from the two devices but at least now I had the option of locking both of them in:)

bh5213

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Would love to get the 950 in white, but will have to wait until my Next plan is eligible or when the wife says I can upgrade. Which ever comes first. Lol. But so far my 830 has done well. I guess I was one of the fortunate ones who didn't have any issues with the phone.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Would love to get the 950 in white, but will have to wait until my Next plan is eligible or when the wife says I can upgrade. Which ever comes first. Lol. But so far my 830 has done well. I guess I was one of the fortunate ones who didn't have any issues with the phone.
The L830 is a surprisingly amazing device being mid-range. I used one to replace my L1520 after the screen shattered to a billion pieces. (Just recently got it fixed though).

Personally I'm getting the 950xl. haven't seen them in person yet but i'm already sold. My L1520 is a great device but the in-call-mic is currently unresponsive, capacitive buttons don't light up and my loud-speaker occasionally stops working or muffles (a light love-tap gets it working again).

Unfortunately I'd have to wait till December for mine. I converted my roomy to a Windows user. He's interested too---hopefully he gets the 950 instead of the XL so I can be different =p

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3