AT&T Availability & Price - What's your guess?

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm a long-term, but way out-of-contract customer with atandt, using a 1020, and haven't gotten a phone from them since my first Samsung Focus; should I be able to get the contract price -whatever it is, committing to two years? Thanks.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm a long-term, but way out-of-contract customer with atandt, using a 1020, and haven't gotten a phone from them since my first Samsung Focus; should I be able to get the contract price -whatever it is, committing to two years? Thanks.

My research has told me that you can, but the problem will be that your per line access price will go from $15/mo to $40/mo. That extra $25 per month over two years more than pays for the phone.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Don't get back on that merry-go-round. You'll pay more and lose your flexibility to switch carriers or phones.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My guess is the AT&T versions will be ~$50 less than the unlocked version. So a pretty bad deal considering all the downsides.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The question for me is will the unlocked version support At&t Wifi calling when is comes to windows phone.
Then watch T-Mobile. AT&T will make it available for all phones after T-Mobile does it for BYOD which is a fairly easily predictable un-carrier move of the future. The question is when rather than if. Of course if the carrier signal is so weak a phone is a paperweight without Wi-Fi calling, you can't wait.

Gary Berns

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I was told by AT&T in an on line chat today that the phone would absolutely be available on November 16th. Not taking pre-orders yet if at all. He also said they would update the phone but I have heard that before. They abandoned my 925.:unhappy:

Bradleykinz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I hope it is only $100 on contract, wishful thinking I know,because I need to get a new phone soon since my 1020's screen is falling off............

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Just stopped at an att store and they said the MS rep told them last week that it would be Friday. So delays appear to be MS, not att.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077