Lumia 950 Pre-orders in the US?

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Does it seem odd to anyone else that pre-orders are being taken in the UK and Australia for the new Lumia 950, but not in the US? Would it make sense to begin selling the new phone(s) without offering pre-orders?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Not that odd. In other countries phones are sold apart from carriers more often than not, so no need to make deals with carriers. In the US they're dealing with AT&T.

I remember with the launch of the HTC 7 Pro on Sprint, they said you could go into a store and preorder for $50. The actual stores had no idea. I went in five times trying to preorder and never got to. Ended up having to just wait until it launched.

Carriers muck everything up.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes but you could have pre-orders for unlocked at ms store...why not? If the phone is truly going to be released in 1 week, I am surprised has been nothing at all.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Rumor was never for a release today. The rumor was, from the start, and still, that it will be released on Nov 20.

I don't listen to rumors too much anyway... but I will share a lesson I learned when I was still into androids. Take it as you will.

When listening to reports, should you choose to believe them... Pay attention to the words "confirmed" vs "possibly, possibility, rumor, ETC."

The report said "confirmed" for Nov 20... POSSIBLY with a PRE-ORDER date set for today.

Don't let your excitement come crashing down because of a misunderstanding. :)

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The pre-order rumor for today very specifically stated "rumor" and "possibility", though. It never once said the pre-order was "confirmed" like the report of the release being Nov 20.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Why do they have to do a pre-order? The rumoured 'confirmed' release date is the 20th, why wouldn't they just release it then? It's only a week away...

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Why do they have to do a pre-order? The rumoured 'confirmed' release date is the 20th, why wouldn't they just release it then? It's only a week away...

They had better do a pre-order otherwise judging by the attitude of the reps at the AT&T store in my town, I wouldn't be able to get one on launch day because they wouldn't order any phones.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The guy I deal with at AT&T makes it sound like they don't order anything.. or even know about anything until they get it. Its just there one day with instructions on where to put it. He tells me he gets all of his information on upcoming devices from customers coming in and asking about them.

doghouseriley

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I think it's time we all accept that these phones may not get released at all, at least in the US. The UI is not close to ready, there still is no ability to track text messages over a pc or tablet, apps are unstable etc. Again, startup companies like nextbit have their act together more. Not releasing information on release dates is sending folks to other phones and UIs.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I think it's time we all accept that these phones may not get released at all, at least in the US. The UI is not close to ready, there still is no ability to track text messages over a pc or tablet, apps are unstable etc. Again, startup companies like nextbit have their act together more. Not releasing information on release dates is sending folks to other phones and UIs.

Lol, where did you come up with this? The rumoured release date is the 20th, so until that day has passed, why would you think they aren't getting released?

How can you say a company like Nexbit has their act together more when they haven't even released a device yet? They have no track record and no one has any idea how they will handle it.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Why are people bothered about pre-ordering? It's getting on for a month since pre-orders went live in the UK and there isn't even a sign of a release yet. Microsoft are getting hammered on Twitter about it and don't ever respond. If it was the 20th, why would they not confirm it? It's not a device that is pushed by hype, they are just winding up and annoying the few that do care. My pre order used to say it would ship by 3rd December, and now it doesn't say anything. I don't feel any closer to getting it by pre ordering.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss