- 11-17-2015, 11:48 PM #1
- Single SIM and Dual SIM1 configurations available (market dependent)
- GSM technology
- GSM network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
- WCDMA network: Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 8 (900 MHz)
- LTE FDD network: Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 12 (700 MHz), Band 17 (700MHz), Band 20 (800MHz), Band 28 (700 MHz)
TD-LTE network: Band 38 (2570-2620 MHz), Band 40 (2300-2400 MHz)
Software Release: Windows 10
- 145 x 73.2 x 8.2 mm (5.71 x 2.88 x 0.32 in)
- 150 g (5.29 oz)
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 5.2 inches (~70.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- WQHD 2560 x 1440 (~564 ppi pixel density)
- Orientation sensor, Sunlight readability enhancements, Corning Gorilla Glass 3*, Easy to clean, High brightness mode, Lumia Color profile, Wide viewing angle, Automatic brightness control, Super sensitive touch
- Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808
- Dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 & quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53
- Adreno 418
- 32 GB internal memory
- 3 GB RAM
- microSD slot up to 200 GB2
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Barometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, SensorCore
- AV connectors: 3.5 mm stereo headset connector, DisplayPort over USB-C
- Charging and System connectors: USB-C
- USB v3.1, Type-C reversible connector
- Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- FM radio3, 4
- Battery capacity: 3000 mAh (replaceable)
- Built-in Qiwireless charging, Fast charging
- Maximum standby time: 12 days
- Maximum talk time (2G): 23 h, (3G): 18 h
- Maximum music playback time: 67 h
- Maximum Wi-Fi network browsing time: 9.5 h
- Maximum video playback time: 10 h
- User Input: Touch
- Operating keys: Volume keys, Camera key, Power/Lock key
- Exchangeable back cover
- Other user interface features: Glance screen, Tactile feedback, Voice commands, Voice dictation in edit fields
- Main camera: 20.0 MP, Auto focus with two-stage capture key, Digital Zoom, 6 Lens Optics, Optical Image Stabilization
- Sensor size: 1/2.4 inch, Oversampling
- f-number/aperture: f/1.9
- Camera focal length: 26 mm
- Flash type: Triple LED, Natural flash
- Camera minimum focus range: 10 cm
- Camera features: Backside-illuminated image sensor, PureView, True 16:9 sensor, Fast Focus, High resolution zoom
- Front camera: Full HD 5 MP wide angle
- Front camera f-number/aperture: f/2.4
- Front camera features: Still image capture, Video call, Video recording
- Front camera video resolution: 1080p (Full HD, 1920 x 1080)
- Main Camera video frame rate: 30 fps5
- <addendum> 120fps @720p now user confirmed Nov 19, 2015 </addendum>
- Video recording features: Video zoom, Optical image stabilization, Continuous autofocus, Video light, Lumia Rich Recording with four microphones
- Video recording formats: MP4/H.264
* Documentation varies between Gorilla Glass 3 and Gorilla Glass 4. Awaiting definitive determination so assumes lesser grade.
1. Max data speed on Single SIM is LTE Cat6 300mbps download, 50mbps upload. Max data speed on Dual SIM is LTE Cat4 150mbps download, 50mbps upload.
2. microSD capacity of 200GB is maximum card size at time of documentation publishing. The microSD reader is future proofed to 2TB capacity.
3. FM radio requires a wired headset be plugged into the headphone jack. The wires in the headset are used for an antenna. Without a headset plugged in the FM radio App will not function.
4. AT&T 950 users are reporting no FM radio on the AT&T branded variant. User tangledW reports that the hardware is present and requires a 3rd party App be download from the store. Look for a firmware correction in future(?).
5. Higher frame rates planned to deliver Slow Motion Video capability in upcoming firmware advances.
Last edited by RumoredNow; 11-23-2015 at 04:36 PM. Reason: updated information
- 11-18-2015, 10:19 AM #3
- 11-18-2015, 10:21 AM #4
Regarding single or dual SIMs, since MS store doesn't list the RM number for the 950s sold or say the number of SIMs, is it like Congress and we have to buy it before we know what's in it?
The XL I tested in the MS store was a dual SIM device but I'm not trusting them now.
- 11-18-2015, 12:02 PM #7
Dual SIM is confirmed. Single SIM we will find out shortly.
- 11-18-2015, 05:31 PM #9
- 11-19-2015, 07:50 AM #13
- 11-19-2015, 07:54 AM #14
- 11-19-2015, 08:12 AM #15
- 11-20-2015, 02:19 AM #18
Every new carrier phone should have a thread where owners report the little surprises the carrier included at no extra cost. Just ONE of the reasons, people should buy their phones from ANYONE but a carrier. It's about as good of an idea as if you were being tried for murder and hired the alleged victim's mother as your lawyer. The carrier has a conflict of interest when it sells phones.
- 11-20-2015, 03:47 AM #19
- 11-20-2015, 04:00 AM #20
Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.
Is the FM Radio app even available in Windows 10 yet? I don't see it in the store.
Maybe there's a firmware issue waiting for an update.
Who knows, there could be any number of reasons and it could come later. These phones and the OS are clearly not completely ready.
- 11-21-2015, 02:21 AM #21
11-21-2015, 04:41 AM #23
- 33 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I do not have enough posts to post links yet. :( Please change the word "dot" to actual dots below.
Microsoft Lumia 950 (Single SIM)
Microsoft Lumia 950 Dual SIM
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (Single SIM)
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Dual SIM
Unless the phone is specifically marketed as the "Dual SIM" variant (especially in the USA), it is safest to assume that the model only supports a single SIM.
I sure hope that Microsoft offers the Lumia 950 Dual SIM in the USA. Having both business and personal SIMs on the same phone would be awesome. I also hope they offer both colors. For whatever reason, microsoftstore.com only shows one version of the 950 (black?).
- 11-24-2015, 03:22 PM #25
Can anyone who is using the Lumia 950 tell the file manager integration with email please?
While you're composing an email, can you attach multiple files from dropbox? From within the email app, not going outside to dropbox and sharing the files via email. This is one of the most productive feature that's required for business. Please advise
- By Citizen X in forum Microsoft Lumia 950 XLReplies: 65Last Post: 11-06-2016, 01:24 AM
- By tsnatcher in forum Microsoft Lumia 950Replies: 11Last Post: 11-18-2015, 07:18 PM
- By LittleOsorio in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 11-18-2015, 12:41 AM
- By CarR9 in forum Nokia Lumia 1520Replies: 4Last Post: 11-17-2015, 10:20 PM
- By elindalyne in forum General Windows Phone Discussion LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 11-17-2015, 09:00 PM