Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
Results 401 to 415 of 415
Like Tree88Likes
  1. Kokarda's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #401  
    I can cancel Insider anytime I want without problems?
  2. GhostEchelon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #402  
    On pc download Windows device recovery and then plus you phone. Follow the steps then it will wipe your phone with all data gone and put it back on production build.
    Make sure install the OS build that shows on server within the program. :)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq
  3. anc6802's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #403  
    Are these terrible phones? I've had windows phones going back to the 2125 and they have all worked fantastic except for this one. My first 950 would overheat to the point it was too hot to touch the touchscreen and it would bootlooop over and over, If i took the battery out it would wake up but last week it got to the point where it was unuseable. I received my replacement yesterday, and this phone is even worse than the first one, which I only had for 4 months. When you send a txt message to it it dings then reboots the phone, and when you call it it rings once then you get this loud screeching noise and it reboots by itself. The phone does work, but now it says my sd card need "scanning" and it usually shuts off during the scan, so i removed the card and the phone will work but when you press the power button to turn the screen to standby the screen gets yellow pixelations that fade to black then the phone reboots. Does anyone else have this problem?? Its frustrating, I wish Microsoft never took over making the phone, the Nokia ones had much better quality. Also I treat my phones very well always with a screen protector and case. I wish i still had my old 1520, it was the best!
  4. obakir's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #404  
    Of course these are terrible phones. It's not in mikisoft's business plan to make great phones. They very well know they cannot compete with the competition. We're part of their experiment. Seriously they are probably not making any profit from the phones. So there's no incentive to make these phones greater tomorrow. Whatever they are planning for five years, we are part of their development phase.
    sidtek50 likes this.
  5. bintethy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #405  
    I found an issue but hard reset solved it
  6. lukacsroland's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #406  
    The AMOLED screen was just replaced two weeks ago, but it has burn-in again. The navbar is cearly visible on any single-coloured space if it's hidden...
  7. markluke74's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #407  
    Since the AU, I can't sync my work email/calendar on my 950. I get the 0x86000c2a "This device doesn't meet the security requirements.........". I rolled back to a pre-AU version (1511) 10586.318 and was able to sync normally. After not being able to defer the pushed AU anymore, had to let the phone update to (1607) 14393.448. Within 10 hours the same problem reappeared. IT admin at work did not change anything in the exchange policy. Spdt/hard reset, deleting work account and adding again..... nothing works. Is this happening to others??
  8. Hophead1994's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #408  
    Make sure your phone doesn't go to sleep, I've had the same problem. I just take the SD card out now and go direct.
  9. Hophead1994's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokarda View Post
    I can cancel Insider anytime I want without problems?
    Yes, it will not cause problems. You will just get the builds as the general public does but you will keep the build you are on until then.
  10. Hophead1994's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by obakir View Post
    Of course these are terrible phones. It's not in mikisoft's business plan to make great phones. They very well know they cannot compete with the competition. We're part of their experiment. Seriously they are probably not making any profit from the phones. So there's no incentive to make these phones greater tomorrow. Whatever they are planning for five years, we are part of their development phase.
    I had an iPhone 6 that was worse than my*950, I had to do many soft resets for varying reasons. I still have to do soft resets with the 950 but*it hasn't been very often.
  11. obakir's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hophead1994 View Post
    I had an iPhone 6 that was worse than my*950, I had to do many soft resets for varying reasons. I still have to do soft resets with the 950 but*it hasn't been very often.
    I'm sorry I don't know about your iPhone that's not what I hear about the a zillion of iPhone users around me. Ipad mini 4 I have is quite possibly the most stable electronics I had. And that's the only iOS device I ever owned. Not a fan of apple at all actually. But you have to give the give back to Caesar what is Caesar's.

    That being said, it is not free of bugs! it is nowhere near the fastest! it's not super responsive every single moment! It still has wifi issues! But reliability is of the charts. It's not a bmw that's a monster on the road but you have to take it to the dealer multiple times a year. It's more like a seasoned audi that never let's you down. If there's a bug you close the app, not do a soft reset. if it's slow you close the apps. If it's not responsive enough you close a couple of apps. If the wifi is spotty, you just disconnect and reconnect. Not do a soft reset.

    We, as a community (I guess I'm not alone), are upset about 950 and windows mobile 10 in general, because it has much more potential than any other platform. But it is not getting there. It doesn't look like it will get there. User interface is really intuitive. But every update there's something 'broken.' I mean seriously there's a thread that's titled: what's fixed and what's broken, after every update.
  12. badelhas's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,648 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by obakir View Post
    I'm sorry I don't know about your iPhone that's not what I hear about the a zillion of iPhone users around me. Ipad mini 4 I have is quite possibly the most stable electronics I had. And that's the only iOS device I ever owned. Not a fan of apple at all actually. But you have to give the give back to Caesar what is Caesar's.

    That being said, it is not free of bugs! it is nowhere near the fastest! it's not super responsive every single moment! It still has wifi issues! But reliability is of the charts. It's not a bmw that's a monster on the road but you have to take it to the dealer multiple times a year. It's more like a seasoned audi that never let's you down. If there's a bug you close the app, not do a soft reset. if it's slow you close the apps. If it's not responsive enough you close a couple of apps. If the wifi is spotty, you just disconnect and reconnect. Not do a soft reset.

    We, as a community (I guess I'm not alone), are upset about 950 and windows mobile 10 in general, because it has much more potential than any other platform. But it is not getting there. It doesn't look like it will get there. User interface is really intuitive. But every update there's something 'broken.' I mean seriously there's a thread that's titled: what's fixed and what's broken, after every update.
    I totally agree with you. Microsoft must fix Windows 10 Mobile, and fast. Otherwise less and less people are going to buy windows phones...and we need competition.

    Cheers
  13. Bai
    Bai is offline
    Bai's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #413  
    Coming from a XL, omg 950 is so much slower, so much warmer and battery life just sad.
  14. Alyeldiin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #414  
    I have the following problem in this link

    I already tried everything, including contacting support. Nothing. Also had it on my Lumia 925, which is now bricked. Any ideas please?
  15. kodinguotaku's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #415  
    So I first got the 950 about a year and half ago maybe. About 3 months after I got it, it kept rebooting itself, and it got so bad that I couldn't rely on it to work when I really needed it (Alarms, Important Phone Calls, etc..). So I followed the instructions from multiple posts (soft resetting, factory resetting, and even reinstalling my UI) on this site to fix it, and it worked for about 2 weeks, if that, then it started doing the rebooting again. I went through this process over and over again until I got fed up so then I went to AT&T and had the phone replaced with a new one. Now I have had this phone for 3 months and and it has been doing the rebooting since my 3rd week using it, about 3 weeks after that it started doing this thing where the screen would stop working and slowly turn to and off-white/yellow color then the phone would completely shut off. Now after these long stressful 3 months the touch screen has stopped working. I have tried all those steps again. I've tried soft resetting, factory resetting, and even reinstalling my UI multiple times. Nothing is working! Help. Please. Otherwise I am requesting an Android replacement from AT&T. I have owned windows phones since my first phone and never had this many issues...
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Similar Threads

  1. For Lumia users from Indonesia, Lumia 950 pre-order in Erafone!
    By Thomas Dewangga in forum Windows 10 Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2016, 07:19 AM
  2. Lumia 640XL: Windows 10 mobile - [false] Count down
    By emjey in forum Windows 10 Mobile
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-16-2015, 11:51 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2015, 02:33 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2015, 08:15 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2015, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

";