Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

GregCra

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with 3rd party USB cables? I can't get any to work except the one that came with the phone.

Speaking of cables.. I have a lot of USB/b cables and adapters.. I was thinking of getting an adapter which went from b to C and keep using all my existing cable. Has anyone tried these and have they worked?

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
My quick status on the lockscreen and glance for new mail stopped working today. Phone, text and calendar status on locksreen\glance is working fine. Tried rebooting the phone a few times, removed and added mail from quick status, but still nothing. Hasn't worked for email all day.

patryk.szady

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have two 950s from ATT and they both have issues with echo during phone calls. Everyone who calls me complains about bad quality, the calls are impossible l. It seems to help to keep the phone a little away from the face. Works great on bluetooth amd on speaker. It must me an issue with the noise cancelling microphones? Only they work in reverse where they transmit their sounds instead. It's ridiculous and has to get addressed asap. I doubt Microsoft knows yet. This is the basic need of a phone...to make good quality phone calls.

Stan City

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Watch ESPN app plays videos for about a minute then the phone reboots. Is anyone else having this issue?

Try loading the App on the phones hard drive. Apps like this (I.e. Sling player, TV, Netflix and others) will work better written on the phones memory. Settings>Storage>Load apps to phone. Apps need to reinstalled need to be uninstalled and the phone restarted before reinstalling.

As app developers use WP10 they'll write an override to store/run in phones memory, like Whatsapp does.

(music apps and YouTube apps run Okay on SD card but might run smoother directly on device.)

NosmoRex

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of cables.. I have a lot of USB/b cables and adapters.. I was thinking of getting an adapter which went from b to C and keep using all my existing cable. Has anyone tried these and have they worked?
I tried a micro USB to Type C adapter that didn't work on any of my existing cables.

Mardox

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right section, mods feel free to move it if need be.

I really like this phone, except for one big issue that might make me return it. Edge. I hate this browser with a passion. Nothing seems to work right and the lag is driving me crazy. I click on a link and it highlights it grey but nothing happens. So I click it again, nothing happens. This happens with almost all links and clickable objects. Sometimes it works, but it takes a good 30 seconds for the browser to start loading the page. It's completely unusable to me and has me seriously considering getting rid of this phone.

Does anyone have any tips to help Edge work better? I'm almost at my wits end here and I really like almost everything else about the phone.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I'm experiencing the not easily click-able link problem in Egde with my Lumia 920 (with the latest IP build), I guess that this problem is not hardware related.

Last edited:

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You have to keep in mind these phones use usb 3.1 and quickcharge 2.0 . Not just usb c. You have to make sure the cable is up to those specs. I think the cheapest one I found was 16 dollars. I bought a 3rd part usb 3.1 type-c cable from newegg. Comes in today.

The cheapest one at mono price for those specs was $25

Billy Rall

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 issues with my Lumia 950 is the Lumia Offer sapp says it is blocked by company policy?? Any one else having this issue? The second is if you log in with face recognition and before recognizes you , you can swipe up and it lets you in the phone with no security

jklier

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Two issues I'm having.

1. I have the setting turned on for leaving the glance screen on while charging. However the screen will still go completely black at night while on the charger.

2. My 640 and 920 will both show a text even after the screen powers down. With the 950 I only get the vibration and I have to hit the power button to see the text.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
mail is not syncing to an exchange email server. all other mail accounts work fine (outlook, gmail, pop3)

The trick to getting exchange email to work is to set it up from the All Settings --> Accounts --> Your Email and Accounts page. If you try to set it up using the accounts link in the outlook app then it won't work for some strange reason.

tyaniz

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
On my 920 with Windows 8.1, I was able to have a different picture on my Glance screen (with a Glance app) than my lock screen . On the 950 with Windows 10, I only have the option to choose the background photo from my lock screen. Anyone else realize this, or am I doing something wrong? Much thanks!

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing the not easily click-able link problem in Egde with my Lumia 920 (with the latest IP build), I guess that this problem is not hardware related.

Mine has gotten better, for some reason. Edge is behaving like a regular browser now, still not as good as chrome imo though. I'll have an issue every once in a while but it's not near as laggy and touch responsiveness seems leagues better.

Mpower123

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
has anyone figured out what the issue with the wifi is? Mine keeps losing it intermittently and then when i toggle wifi off and back on agaion it says no networks found???

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
has anyone figured out what the issue with the wifi is? Mine keeps losing it intermittently and then when i toggle wifi off and back on agaion it says no networks found???

Mine has been doing this, and WiFi is painfully slow. The only other Lumia that used to do this to me with WiFi and Bluetooth is my 830 (all 4 of them). Not sure why it does it, or how to fix it.

Mpower123

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Man I dunno what do..this is driving me insane. I run speedtest on either 5ghz or 2.4 and I get like 8mbps. I run the same test on my dell venue 11 pro on either network and the result is 35+. What the hell is going on? Should I return the phone or what? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mmihalko

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what happened to my first post...but...Hey! New to the forums. Got my 950 last week and have had a couple of minor issues over the weekend, but a hard reset seemed to fix most of them (sluggish, heating, etc) and even added Windows Insider and it seem pretty snappy now, kind of what I would expect from a high end phone. Still having two issues though...that I have caught. The wifi (not connected and slow) but it seems this might be an OS issue that hopefully MS is working on. The other issue I have is that my caller ID does not work for all my contacts. Example my wife's information is in the phone with a custom ringtone, picture, etc. When she calls from her iPhone (the number in my phone) I only get the number and not the ringtone, picture, etc. My son, who also has an iPhone 6, works perfectly. Any thoughts?

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I've just picked up a 950 Unlocked from the Microsoft Store. Setup is going fine but I've noticed already if my phone's screen is off for 5 or 10 minutes, when I unlock the phone WiFi is off. I just started syncing my Groove library and panicked. Nearly pulled the battery before I remembered I could cut Cellular Data. Anyway, I can now reproducibly lose 5G-ac or 5G-n connection. 2.5Ghz shows up. I've not measured throughput yet.

FYI - I have a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 main router

WoodyPWX

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I used to have such problems with the caller ID on other Nokia phones when I had accidentally the same number saved under several different contacts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss