Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
On pc download Windows device recovery and then plus you phone. Follow the steps then it will wipe your phone with all data gone and put it back on production build.
Make sure install the OS build that shows on server within the program. :)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

anc6802

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Are these terrible phones? I've had windows phones going back to the 2125 and they have all worked fantastic except for this one. My first 950 would overheat to the point it was too hot to touch the touchscreen and it would bootlooop over and over, If i took the battery out it would wake up but last week it got to the point where it was unuseable. I received my replacement yesterday, and this phone is even worse than the first one, which I only had for 4 months. When you send a txt message to it it dings then reboots the phone, and when you call it it rings once then you get this loud screeching noise and it reboots by itself. The phone does work, but now it says my sd card need "scanning" and it usually shuts off during the scan, so i removed the card and the phone will work but when you press the power button to turn the screen to standby the screen gets yellow pixelations that fade to black then the phone reboots. Does anyone else have this problem?? Its frustrating, I wish Microsoft never took over making the phone, the Nokia ones had much better quality. Also I treat my phones very well always with a screen protector and case. I wish i still had my old 1520, it was the best!

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Of course these are terrible phones. It's not in mikisoft's business plan to make great phones. They very well know they cannot compete with the competition. We're part of their experiment. Seriously they are probably not making any profit from the phones. So there's no incentive to make these phones greater tomorrow. Whatever they are planning for five years, we are part of their development phase.

lukacsroland

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
The AMOLED screen was just replaced two weeks ago, but it has burn-in again. The navbar is cearly visible on any single-coloured space if it's hidden...

markluke74

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Since the AU, I can't sync my work email/calendar on my 950. I get the 0x86000c2a "This device doesn't meet the security requirements.........". I rolled back to a pre-AU version (1511) 10586.318 and was able to sync normally. After not being able to defer the pushed AU anymore, had to let the phone update to (1607) 14393.448. Within 10 hours the same problem reappeared. IT admin at work did not change anything in the exchange policy. Spdt/hard reset, deleting work account and adding again..... nothing works. Is this happening to others??

Hophead1994

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Of course these are terrible phones. It's not in mikisoft's business plan to make great phones. They very well know they cannot compete with the competition. We're part of their experiment. Seriously they are probably not making any profit from the phones. So there's no incentive to make these phones greater tomorrow. Whatever they are planning for five years, we are part of their development phase.

I had an iPhone 6 that was worse than my*950, I had to do many soft resets for varying reasons. I still have to do soft resets with the 950 but*it hasn't been very often.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6 that was worse than my*950, I had to do many soft resets for varying reasons. I still have to do soft resets with the 950 but*it hasn't been very often.

I'm sorry I don't know about your iPhone that's not what I hear about the a zillion of iPhone users around me. Ipad mini 4 I have is quite possibly the most stable electronics I had. And that's the only iOS device I ever owned. Not a fan of apple at all actually. But you have to give the give back to Caesar what is Caesar's.

That being said, it is not free of bugs! it is nowhere near the fastest! it's not super responsive every single moment! It still has wifi issues! But reliability is of the charts. It's not a bmw that's a monster on the road but you have to take it to the dealer multiple times a year. It's more like a seasoned audi that never let's you down. If there's a bug you close the app, not do a soft reset. if it's slow you close the apps. If it's not responsive enough you close a couple of apps. If the wifi is spotty, you just disconnect and reconnect. Not do a soft reset.

We, as a community (I guess I'm not alone), are upset about 950 and windows mobile 10 in general, because it has much more potential than any other platform. But it is not getting there. It doesn't look like it will get there. User interface is really intuitive. But every update there's something 'broken.' I mean seriously there's a thread that's titled: what's fixed and what's broken, after every update.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry I don't know about your iPhone that's not what I hear about the a zillion of iPhone users around me. Ipad mini 4 I have is quite possibly the most stable electronics I had. And that's the only iOS device I ever owned. Not a fan of apple at all actually. But you have to give the give back to Caesar what is Caesar's.

That being said, it is not free of bugs! it is nowhere near the fastest! it's not super responsive every single moment! It still has wifi issues! But reliability is of the charts. It's not a bmw that's a monster on the road but you have to take it to the dealer multiple times a year. It's more like a seasoned audi that never let's you down. If there's a bug you close the app, not do a soft reset. if it's slow you close the apps. If it's not responsive enough you close a couple of apps. If the wifi is spotty, you just disconnect and reconnect. Not do a soft reset.

We, as a community (I guess I'm not alone), are upset about 950 and windows mobile 10 in general, because it has much more potential than any other platform. But it is not getting there. It doesn't look like it will get there. User interface is really intuitive. But every update there's something 'broken.' I mean seriously there's a thread that's titled: what's fixed and what's broken, after every update.

I totally agree with you. Microsoft must fix Windows 10 Mobile, and fast. Otherwise less and less people are going to buy windows phones...and we need competition.

Cheers

Alyeldiin

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the following problem in this link

I already tried everything, including contacting support. Nothing. Also had it on my Lumia 925, which is now bricked. Any ideas please?

kodinguotaku

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
So I first got the 950 about a year and half ago maybe. About 3 months after I got it, it kept rebooting itself, and it got so bad that I couldn't rely on it to work when I really needed it (Alarms, Important Phone Calls, etc..). So I followed the instructions from multiple posts (soft resetting, factory resetting, and even reinstalling my UI) on this site to fix it, and it worked for about 2 weeks, if that, then it started doing the rebooting again. I went through this process over and over again until I got fed up so then I went to AT&T and had the phone replaced with a new one. Now I have had this phone for 3 months and and it has been doing the rebooting since my 3rd week using it, about 3 weeks after that it started doing this thing where the screen would stop working and slowly turn to and off-white/yellow color then the phone would completely shut off. Now after these long stressful 3 months the touch screen has stopped working. I have tried all those steps again. I've tried soft resetting, factory resetting, and even reinstalling my UI multiple times. Nothing is working! Help. Please. Otherwise I am requesting an Android replacement from AT&T. I have owned windows phones since my first phone and never had this many issues...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you check your Wifi settings? I have the "Turn Wifi Back On" option set to Manual. I'm not too keen on my phone doing things automatically either

... !!

almalino

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Are these terrible phones? I've had windows phones going back to the 2125 and they have all worked fantastic except for this one. My first 950 would overheat to the point it was too hot to touch the touchscreen and it would bootlooop over and over,!

It is a good phone for cold countries :) I use it in Finland and it is great. Except 1 month in summer when it is very hot even in Finland and the phone overheats and stop serving GPS so I cannot use maps :)

kotlet

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
So here are pictures from my defect lumia 950...
While talking phone overheated suddenly and turn itself off. Smell like something fried. I turn it on and phone still working without wifi and sim...

Waranty claim was denied!!!!!!!!!!

si02001055149FRZ.jpg
SI02001055149ARZ.jpg
SI02001055149BRZ.jpg
SI02001055149CRZ.jpg
SI02001055149ERZ.jpg

so Microsoft device never again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members