02-10-2017 01:56 PM
609 1234567813 ...
tools
    What about sound quality to headphones? Is it better than past Lumia phones?
    sound quality is on par with the HTC One M8 I replaced with it and that's good enough for me. I also have no problem with the build quality.
    11-18-2015 07:42 PM
    OK, got mine and here are some impressions - coming off a Lumia 920 and wife has Samsung Galaxy S6 for comparison:
    1. Wow, this thing is light..and slick.
    2. Screen is pretty amazing
    3. Had a bit of a setup issue in that I did a restore from the 920 and it wasn't pretty. Reset and started from scratch. ATT has bloatware on it and I removed it. However, I still have two apps that will not update: Advanced Info and Lumia Help+tips. Error codes thrown which can't find anything related.
    4. Phone gets warm
    5. Hello Windows sign in is pretty cool and fast
    6. Build quality seems good but cheap. I expect as back covers by mozo are added, it will be premium looking and feeling anyway.
    7. Haven't used the camera yet
    8. Since I haven't played with Win 10 mobile and the apps, there are some nice features I haven't seen before and nice apps like Pandora.

Overall, I am very pleased. I think the glance and Hello, Windows features are really awesome. Now to continue playing... :)
    11-18-2015 07:47 PM
    OK, got mine and here are some impressions - coming off a Lumia 920 and wife has Samsung Galaxy S6 for comparison:
    1. Wow, this thing is light..and slick.
    2. Screen is pretty amazing
    3. Had a bit of a setup issue in that I did a restore from the 920 and it wasn't pretty. Reset and started from scratch. ATT has bloatware on it and I removed it. However, I still have two apps that will not update: Advanced Info and Lumia Help+tips. Error codes thrown which can't find anything related.
    4. Phone gets warm
    5. Hello Windows sign in is pretty cool and fast
    6. Build quality seems good but cheap. I expect as back covers by mozo are added, it will be premium looking and feeling anyway.
    7. Haven't used the camera yet
    8. Since I haven't played with Win 10 mobile and the apps, there are some nice features I haven't seen before and nice apps like Pandora.

Overall, I am very pleased. I think the glance and Hello, Windows features are really awesome. Now to continue playing... :)
    Warm...does 950 has liquid cooling?
    11-18-2015 08:07 PM
    Warm...does 950 has liquid cooling?
    Only xl has liquid cooling
    11-18-2015 08:11 PM
    Maybe someone will make a case with a fan to keep it cool. :)
    11-18-2015 08:25 PM
    Might have to spend that extra $100.00 for the liquid cooling.
    11-18-2015 08:34 PM
    not only you will get cooling system, but also the ram on xl is lpddr4 instead of lpddr3, and obviously better GPU and CPU (i don't think CPU is concern but better GPU is always plus)
    11-18-2015 08:43 PM
    Got mine today. Easy set-up, great camera.

11-18-2015 08:45 PM
    So, I just talked on the phone for an hour, and the phone was as cool as a cucumber in my pocket. Now I'm streaming TV to it while I work and it's still nice and cool. So I don't know what the deal was because earlier I was installing apps and surfing through menus and the phone was getting really warm. My iPhone used to get really hot when I would talk on the phone, so I figured that, if anything, would cook the 950. But, nope. Looking at the settings menu is apparently more taxing.
    11-18-2015 08:45 PM
    I just set mine up, and I'm transfering my number etc over!

First impression is it feels and looks like it's from the future, lol. It weighs a lot less than my iPhone5, and it's a LOT bigger! The screen looks fantastic, text looks amazing. Added my MS account and everything transferred over like magic, thanks to RumoredNow's awesome post giving me all the information I needed to prep my iPhone to have everything migrate seamlessly.

I'll give more detailed opinions after I get a chance to use it for a bit.
    The only iPhones which weigh more than the 950 (150g) are the 6 Plus (172g) and the 6S Plus (192g). The iPhone 5 was only 112g, though it was also a much smaller device.

No, the 950 DOES have liquid cooling in it.

Microsoft Lumia 950 goes official with PureView camera, liquid cooling - GSMArena.com news

"The Lumia 950 is powered by Snapdragon 808 with liquid cooling and 3GB of RAM."
    11-18-2015 09:06 PM
    I ordered an unlocked Lumia 950 by telephone from the U.S. Microsoft Store yesterday. It is due to ship 11-25, but suspect it will ship sooner as many if the AT&T customers had theirs shipped 5 days early.
    11-18-2015 09:09 PM
    So, I just talked on the phone for an hour, and the phone was as cool as a cucumber in my pocket. Now I'm streaming TV to it while I work and it's still nice and cool. So I don't know what the deal was because earlier I was installing apps and surfing through menus and the phone was getting really warm. My iPhone used to get really hot when I would talk on the phone, so I figured that, if anything, would cook the 950. But, nope. Looking at the settings menu is apparently more taxing.
    earlier on your phone was still setting up in the background I bet, glad to hear no heat issues yet !
    11-18-2015 09:11 PM
    The only iPhones which weigh more than the 950 (150g) are the 6 Plus (172g) and the 6S Plus (192g). The iPhone 5 was only 112g, though it was also a much smaller device.

Microsoft Lumia 950 goes official with PureView camera, liquid cooling - GSMArena.com news

"The Lumia 950 is powered by Snapdragon 808 with liquid cooling and 3GB of RAM."
    i wouldn't go by GSMarena official Microsoft sites doesn't mention cooling for 950 but it does for 950xl, I hope iFixit will do tear down soon so we will know for sure.
    11-18-2015 09:13 PM

No it doesn't. Official teardown shows only 950xl has it. But that's because it needs it due to the chip heat issues. 950 doesn't need it.
    11-18-2015 09:18 PM
    I'm dying to know, so I'll keep asking - does the 950 using Camera record video with mono sound (just like my Lumia Icon does now with W10M)?? Please, someone check! Record a snippet of video, go into OneDrive app and check the file properties of the recording for audio. It's driving me crazy not to know. :)
    11-18-2015 09:40 PM
    I'd like to thank all the ATT 950 beta testers. Hopefully the last few bugs will be taken care of by the time my XL ships.
    And now we see Microsoft's plan. AT&T can't dare delay updates now, not with all these bugs needing fixed.
    11-18-2015 09:46 PM
    And now we see Microsoft's plan. AT&T can't dare delay updates now, not with all these bugs needing fixed.
    Most of the system apps have been broken up into downloadable apps from the store, so that fixes most of that. As for actual updates, we need to wait for the 1st one to see who is pushing it.
    11-18-2015 09:51 PM
    No it doesn't. Official teardown shows only 950xl has it. But that's because it needs it due to the chip heat issues. 950 doesn't need it.
    Which official teardown of the Lumia 950? I never saw one, only for the XL. Everything I've seen states that both have liquid cooling.
    11-18-2015 10:08 PM
    Just wanted to interject the discussion with another reminder about the review thread; as some of you have already gotten your 950's:
    [Real Users] My Lumia 950 Review

Looking forward to seeing some videos, sample pictures etc .
    11-18-2015 11:13 PM
    Pics + Vidz should start filling up soon, hopefully: Pictures + Videos Taken With My Lumia 950

Just wanted to interject the discussion with another reminder about the review thread; as some of you have already gotten your 950's:
    [Real Users] My Lumia 950 Review

Looking forward to seeing some videos, sample pictures etc .
    I can't wait for some in-depth reviews, but I guess the in-depth part does take some time...
    11-18-2015 11:24 PM
    I can't wait for some in-depth reviews, but I guess the in-depth part does take some time...
    I can't wait for WC and other places to review it.
    11-18-2015 11:29 PM
    Oh, for sure... But some of our members do outstanding reviews. I love reading those.
    11-18-2015 11:31 PM
    So initial impressions:

The display is fantastic. It's impossible to see the individual pixels, so it's a display that's actually retina.

The iris scanner works flawlessly. The only odd thing is that it does the scan every single time even when there's a delay on password unlock.

Although I understand what Microsoft is thinking, too many settings are hiding in odd locations. There are a couple of GUI inconsistencies and low res graphics. The fuzzy icons in the Weather tile are kind of annoying.

The phone was warm the entire time I was messing around with the phone, tweaking settings and whatnot.

The battery is down to about 23% from a full charge after 4-5 hours of somewhat continuous use; 78.6% of that used by the display.

I'm really happy with the size; it's very comfortable. The form factor and matte back feels secure. Unlike some other phones I don't feel like there's a risk of it slipping out of my hands.

On the topic of liquid cooling, the 950 isn't equipped with it. Far too many tech sites simply repeat what they've read elsewhere and don't do their own research.
    11-18-2015 11:52 PM
    You guys should be getting an update fairly quick as I'm running 10586.11
    11-19-2015 12:03 AM
    The phone was warm the entire time I was messing around with the phone, tweaking settings and whatnot.

The battery is down to about 23% from a full charge after 4-5 hours of somewhat continuous use; 78.6% of that used by the display.
    I kinda gotta believe that initial heat reports are from a combo of background updating Apps and users whizzing all over the screens on their new toys all at once.

Do let us know if the heat continues when your usage settles into a normal pattern and also how battery life looks on a normal day.
    11-19-2015 12:05 AM
609 1234567813 ...