03-15-2017 07:39 AM
177 ... 678
tools
    Hi guys,

I have to take a decision regarding my Lumia 950. It has been about 4 months that is broken, I need to replace the display, but up until now I have been using an old iPhone 5 as a back up. Unfortunately the iPhone has started messing around and I am having huge battery issues.

So, I think is time to either decide to repair the Lumia 950, which would cost about 200$, or buy a new battery for the iPhone and stick with it for 3-4 months more.

To be honest, I do miss the Windows OS experience and the amazing camera. However, when I think about the constant problems that I had with Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps, I do not feel like fixing the Lumia... I am not an "app junkie" and I was not missing any essential app in Windows, so my decision would be, basically, based on the current performance of the already existing apps.

Have Facebook and Messenger apps been improved? When I was using them before, Messenger for example, would froze and force me to restart the phone to use it.

Thanks for your help!
    Facebook hasn't been updated in a while, and same for Messenger. 3rd party solutions is what a good amount of people use for FB. You're going to have to go with what it is best for you. If I'm not mistaken, it costs $95 to replace any battery for any iPhone at the Apple Store.
    03-03-2017 10:43 AM
    I am using the original Microsoft (pre-installed) Facebook app and that is working fine on my 950 (production ring). No problems with Messenger but I don't use it that much. I did try the "official" Facebook Facebook app, but found it slow and laggy and a very large install compared to the Microsoft version. Uninstalled the Facebook version with no regrets.
    03-15-2017 07:39 AM
177 ... 678