Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950
04-17-2017 07:45 AM
- I picked up an Amzer TPU Pudding case and a tempered glass screen. I also picked up some Nokia charging stands on eBay for $15 a piece...they still work. I also picked up a JBL Powerup brand new for $50...eBay is the home of two year old product deals...they still work though!12-02-2015 09:59 PM
Not saying that 3 is not as good as 4, just different.12-03-2015 04:10 AM
- 12-03-2015 01:48 PM
My old 1020 have one real scratch and that came from dropping it on asfalt. I slided along a meter or so face down. That created one scratch. Not very deep but visable. And the 1020 has Gorilla 3. So I think keys and pocket stuff is quite safe but gravel and small stones can be very sharp. Much tougher than steel.12-03-2015 03:25 PM
- Actually Gorilla 3 might be more scratch resistant than Gorilla 4. If I got it right the main focus for creating 4 was to make it more shatter proof at the same time keep the scratch resistance. If I read the figures right (big IF there) the Gorilla 3 is tougher to scratch but Gorilla 4 is more flexible and thus will not break or shatter as easily when bent or dropped.12-03-2015 03:34 PM
Great tempered glass screen not too expensive either...of course I completely botched putting it on and need a new one, but it fits well and has all the holes where they need to be.12-10-2015 02:03 AM
- I would like to know the same things before buying a case or screen protector;
Which of the cases y'all have tried still allow for Qi and/or PMA charging? (I had an old Powermat, it actually works!....)
Has anyone cracked their screen after dropping their phone using any of these cases?
Do the glass screen protectors actually prevent cracked screens after a fall?12-11-2015 12:18 AM
- I preordered a brown leather Mozo back cover a month ago for my 950 and it finally arrived, after taking eight full days to make the journey across the border from neighboring Finland.
It looks much better than I was expecting and even makes the "washer" look like a good idea. As far as function goes, the phone isn't at all as slippery as with the original cover and the buttons are slightly higher than on the original too. I'm coming from an 820 followed by an 1020 and the buttons on the stock 950 are noticeably lower. The difference can be barely be seen but it was enough so that I sometimes had to fumble around a bit to find them.
I also bought the old Nokia DT-601 charger, now at a price about anyone can afford. And I'm very happy with that too. Got it in white and it pretty much disappears on my white desktop. Works fine and with no distracting indication lights or sounds, just a single white LED that glows more than shines and a soft tone to indicate charging.
The LED is on as long as it's charging and you only get the tone when you first put the phone down on the charger.
Some reviewers have mentioned that it can be a problem aligning the phone's Qi electronics with this small charger, but it's not really a problem since you have the LED and tone to let you know when it's aligned. In addition, the lock screen lights up briefly. Centering the phone over the charger is easy, and after using it for like ten days, I've only had to reposition it once or twice.
An added bonus for me with the charger is that it brought my old 820 back to life. As it turns out, it wasn't charging because the USB port is damaged.
And I might as well mention that after a hard reset, starting fresh without importing a backup and installation of the xxxxx.29 update, the phone is working a lot smoother than before. The only glitches that I've run into are that the tile slide show for favorite photos isn't working right, and email indication counts on the glance screen and email tile go up but they never go down. At the moment my phone is showing 16 unread messages when it shouldn't be showing any.12-12-2015 03:18 AM
- Hello, i had just got my Lumia 950 in the mail a few days ago. Now that I had the chance to fiddle with it, i feel like i should get a wallet case for it. Looking over at MobileZap I found some cases by a brand named Olixar. They seem to already be producing all sorts of cases and covers for the Lumia 950 and 950 xl, but they aren't actually carrying the "Designed for Lumia" mantra with them anywhere. What is everyone take on Olixar? Are they a great company to rely on with cases and accessories? Are they worth the AU$22.49 for their wallet case that doesn't have a magnetic latch?
And to make Olizar even more tempting. Mozo's official wallet case is more than twice as expensive, and there is another one which is only twice as expensive (not much cheaper than the Mozo). Decisions, desicions...
I would love to use the Lumia 950, I just don't feel comfortable holding it when i am out and about.12-12-2015 01:14 PM
- I got a few covers to try.
Namely the Moko silicon sleeve from amazon.ca, a grey tudia sleeve from amazon.ca and a brown Nillkin "leather" flipcover from china. They all fit very well, the Nillkin is thinnest, the Tudia comes next and the MoKo is the thickest one. I use the Nillkin at the moment as my main cover (although the Tudia is better if I take pictures, the flip part is a bit annoying...)
Edit: none of them work with my DT910 Charging Stand though. Think the charging unit of the 950 is too high up and with the cover it is too far :(
p.s: sorry for the grainy pictures, they were taken with my 920..
Last edited by jaygss; 12-13-2015 at 12:09 PM.12-13-2015 11:53 AM
- I love the look of the Mozo case but the fact that it doesnt offer any protection for the screen is stopping me from buying it. I am now leaning towards buying the imak cowboy case as its pretty simple, offers a little glass protection, and should be fine with my QI charging.
Anyone have any experience with these?
I wish the blue was cyan but pics looks more purple.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...9jnGtE-aZNX8fg12-13-2015 06:26 PM
- I got the Tudia Slim Fit Merge Dual Layer case in black, but I plan to switch it for the Black and Silver shown in the photo. A mall in my area have a number of wireless charging stations in various locations and this case facilitates wireless charging.
Amazon.com: TUDIA Slim-Fit MERGE Dual Layer Protective Case for Microsoft Lumia 950 (Metallic Slate): Cell Phones & Accessories12-14-2015 02:51 PM
- Has anyone tested the tempered glass protection from PanzerGlass on their Lumia 950?
I don't fancy flip covers and thought I would protect the glass.
PanzerGlass Microsoft Lumia 950 - Panzerglass
For a case I got this, and I really like it, very thin but still gives protection and has a lip to help the screen as well.
Last edited by swanlee; 12-15-2015 at 09:10 AM.12-15-2015 08:51 AM
- For those of you wondering about the quality of the Mozo replacement back for the 950, I just received my black leather back today & the quality is excellent. The finish on the leather is top-notch & the finish on the polycarbonate frame is smooth. The polycarbonate chrome trim ring is beautiful - a brush aluminum finish that actually looks like brushed aluminum. The back attaches to the phone as easily as the original back & fits perfect. One final note - I ordered mine Sat 12/12 from Mobilefun.com in the UK & received it in Vegas today Wed 12\16! One of the quickest online orders I've ever received, let alone one coming in from the UK - 4 days! Just wanted to let any interested customers know my impression....12-16-2015 06:41 PM
- I got the leather back cover from Mozo. I really like it! It makes the 950 actually look and feel like a premium device now.
Attachment 117447Attachment 117448Attachment 117449
I also shot a video with it for those interested in another take of that even though WC did one.
(I'm not intending to embed this video, but for whatever reason this forum system automatically detects a youtube url and just does it. That's dumb.)12-17-2015 12:57 PM
- Windows Phones
- Microsoft / Nokia Phones
- Microsoft Lumia 950
Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950
- By pavvento in forum Microsoft Lumia 950Replies: 14Last Post: 12-02-2015, 07:42 AM
- By jschipmann in forum Nokia Lumia IconReplies: 9Last Post: 11-30-2015, 03:26 PM
- By Magikal in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-28-2015, 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD