Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950

Jason Siva

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I'll be going for the Fusion Case from Orzly. Have long been a fan of cases that show the back but also have a bit of protection too.

David Saber

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I just got the 950 yesterday. :confused:
I am looking for an armored case that's compatible with QI charging and NFC. Anyone could advice me? Thanks!! :grin:

jazzdoc

May 20, 2005
Visit site
I would like to know the same things before buying a case or screen protector;
Which of the cases y'all have tried still allow for Qi and/or PMA charging? (I had an old Powermat, it actually works!....)
Has anyone cracked their screen after dropping their phone using any of these cases?
Do the glass screen protectors actually prevent cracked screens after a fall?

Joel Earnest

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I preordered a brown leather Mozo back cover a month ago for my 950 and it finally arrived, after taking eight full days to make the journey across the border from neighboring Finland.
It looks much better than I was expecting and even makes the "washer" look like a good idea. As far as function goes, the phone isn't at all as slippery as with the original cover and the buttons are slightly higher than on the original too. I'm coming from an 820 followed by an 1020 and the buttons on the stock 950 are noticeably lower. The difference can be barely be seen but it was enough so that I sometimes had to fumble around a bit to find them.

I also bought the old Nokia DT-601 charger, now at a price about anyone can afford. And I'm very happy with that too. Got it in white and it pretty much disappears on my white desktop. Works fine and with no distracting indication lights or sounds, just a single white LED that glows more than shines and a soft tone to indicate charging.
The LED is on as long as it's charging and you only get the tone when you first put the phone down on the charger.
Some reviewers have mentioned that it can be a problem aligning the phone's Qi electronics with this small charger, but it's not really a problem since you have the LED and tone to let you know when it's aligned. In addition, the lock screen lights up briefly. Centering the phone over the charger is easy, and after using it for like ten days, I've only had to reposition it once or twice.
An added bonus for me with the charger is that it brought my old 820 back to life. As it turns out, it wasn't charging because the USB port is damaged.

And I might as well mention that after a hard reset, starting fresh without importing a backup and installation of the xxxxx.29 update, the phone is working a lot smoother than before. The only glitches that I've run into are that the tile slide show for favorite photos isn't working right, and email indication counts on the glance screen and email tile go up but they never go down. At the moment my phone is showing 16 unread messages when it shouldn't be showing any.

BryGuyNovice2014

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Olixar Wallet Case for Lumia 950

Hello, i had just got my Lumia 950 in the mail a few days ago. Now that I had the chance to fiddle with it, i feel like i should get a wallet case for it. Looking over at MobileZap I found some cases by a brand named Olixar. They seem to already be producing all sorts of cases and covers for the Lumia 950 and 950 xl, but they aren't actually carrying the "Designed for Lumia" mantra with them anywhere. What is everyone take on Olixar? Are they a great company to rely on with cases and accessories? Are they worth the AU$22.49 for their wallet case that doesn't have a magnetic latch?

And to make Olizar even more tempting. Mozo's official wallet case is more than twice as expensive, and there is another one which is only twice as expensive (not much cheaper than the Mozo). Decisions, desicions...

I would love to use the Lumia 950, I just don't feel comfortable holding it when i am out and about.

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got a few covers to try.

Namely the Moko silicon sleeve from amazon.ca, a grey tudia sleeve from amazon.ca and a brown Nillkin "leather" flipcover from china. They all fit very well, the Nillkin is thinnest, the Tudia comes next and the MoKo is the thickest one. I use the Nillkin at the moment as my main cover (although the Tudia is better if I take pictures, the flip part is a bit annoying...)

Edit: none of them work with my DT910 Charging Stand though. Think the charging unit of the 950 is too high up and with the cover it is too far :(

Pictures:

MoKo: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0142CDWOM/...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3338338
WP_20151213_12_13_45_Pro.jpgWP_20151213_12_14_23_Pro.jpg

Tudia: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B015F5MW82/...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3338338
WP_20151213_12_12_17_Pro.jpgWP_20151213_12_12_43_Pro.jpg

Nillkin: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NILL...umia-950-Luxury-Flip-Leather/32534006533.html
WP_20151213_12_11_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20151213_12_11_25_Pro.jpg

p.s: sorry for the grainy pictures, they were taken with my 920..

Last edited:

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I love the look of the Mozo case but the fact that it doesnt offer any protection for the screen is stopping me from buying it. I am now leaning towards buying the imak cowboy case as its pretty simple, offers a little glass protection, and should be fine with my QI charging.
Anyone have any experience with these?
I wish the blue was cyan but pics looks more purple.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...=item3ab6545c02%3Am%3AmtHYNbqmG9jnGtE-aZNX8fg

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tested the tempered glass protection from PanzerGlass on their Lumia 950?
I don't fancy flip covers and thought I would protect the glass.

PanzerGlass Microsoft Lumia 950 - Panzerglass

I tried a tempered glass protector and did not like it. It picked up fingerprints/dust to quickly and did not look very good. I switched back to a rubbery/silicon type screen protector and am much happier with that.

For a case I got this, and I really like it, very thin but still gives protection and has a lip to help the screen as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3341967

Last edited:

jacknewp

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
MOZO black leather back for Microsoft 950

For those of you wondering about the quality of the Mozo replacement back for the 950, I just received my black leather back today & the quality is excellent. The finish on the leather is top-notch & the finish on the polycarbonate frame is smooth. The polycarbonate chrome trim ring is beautiful - a brush aluminum finish that actually looks like brushed aluminum. The back attaches to the phone as easily as the original back & fits perfect. One final note - I ordered mine Sat 12/12 from Mobilefun.com in the UK & received it in Vegas today Wed 12\16! One of the quickest online orders I've ever received, let alone one coming in from the UK - 4 days! Just wanted to let any interested customers know my impression....

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I got the leather back cover from Mozo. I really like it! It makes the 950 actually look and feel like a premium device now.

View attachment 117447View attachment 117448View attachment 117449

I also shot a video with it for those interested in another take of that even though WC did one.

(I'm not intending to embed this video, but for whatever reason this forum system automatically detects a youtube url and just does it. That's dumb.)

This is the cover that i have just ordered. I got it in white. Also ordered one in black which is on a back order. Woul dbe interested in how durable you think thi sthing is after a period of ownership.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: MOZO black leather back for Microsoft 950

For those of you wondering about the quality of the Mozo replacement back for the 950, I just received my black leather back today & the quality is excellent. The finish on the leather is top-notch & the finish on the polycarbonate frame is smooth. The polycarbonate chrome trim ring is beautiful - a brush aluminum finish that actually looks like brushed aluminum. The back attaches to the phone as easily as the original back & fits perfect. One final note - I ordered mine Sat 12/12 from Mobilefun.com in the UK & received it in Vegas today Wed 12\16! One of the quickest online orders I've ever received, let alone one coming in from the UK - 4 days! Just wanted to let any interested customers know my impression....

You got in just in time! The stock is out now for a while. I am in the UK and looks like a month or two wait...

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys I need help here...I was very xcited to buy Lumia 950 and install mozo red leather case with gold rim on it...I pre ordered the case and received it end of nov...as my phone was launching 2nd week of dec in my country I dint even bother looking at the case...
on 2nd dec I left for new York...I was back in 15 days and and nxt day my Lumia 950 arrived...as I was using Lumia 1020 as main phone..i dint get time to set Lumia 950 and then Microsoft was busy releasing software updates for bug fixes for Lumia 950...soo yest I got latest built 36 and set up my Lumia 950 to use as a main driver...I installed the mozo cover and phone was looking great....I tried to pair my wireless charger dt 903 with my phone..but I was not happening...I opened the mozo cover and to my shock the nfc strip is missing from the cover...I imt mailed mozo and with pics still no reply from them...I even wrote on their Instagram profile...no rely there also...I saw few more guys complaining about wireless charging not working...
after paying around 100$ and 30 $ custom duty that was mozo delivers....mozo being a big company is irresponsible and unprofessional

flitzpiepe666

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
At first: I am from Germany, so please excuse my poor english ;)

I ordered several things at Mozo and I can tell you their Support is GREAT! They are absolutely friendly and always concerned about their customers.
I know they are really busy at the Moment because of the Lumia 950 release (in EVERY Review about that phone they talk about the Mozo covers,...) and because it is Christmas time, of course..
But they WILL answer you and I am absolutely sure, they will send you a new working cover, soon.
Did you write to this mail: info at Mozo fi ? I always get my answers from there..

Also I read that some of you cant find a good Fitting glass protection / shield...
I also looked for that some time and I hate the look of most of them. The parts they leave at the upper end for the camera and stuff Looks so ugly, definatly not better than some scratches on the screen^^

So I ordered a "Panzerglas" , as we call it in Germany, from a Company called "Mumbi" (I think they are even from Germany).
they produce good Fitting silikon covers, protection shields and stuff.
You can find them on Amazon.de, not sure If they also sell on international Amazon.
You can see the shield on their Website (mumbi plus ending for Germany , de )

It goes absolutely to the four sides, they dont leave any space, the Ends are rounded so it doesnt feel sharp or anything.
AND: it holds onto the Screen even at the Corners!

If you can get them, try that Thing!

I am absolutely happy with the Quality and I paid about 8-9 $, shipping included...

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanx bro i hope they reply soon and send me a replacement...really would have loved red leather with gold rim on my Lumia 950

FourT2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried a tempered glass protector and did not like it. It picked up fingerprints/dust to quickly and did not look very good. I switched back to a rubbery/silicon type screen protector and am much happier with that.

For a case I got this, and I really like it, very thin but still gives protection and has a lip to help the screen as well.

This case looks like the winner for me. I really dislike bulky cases.

Does this one work with wireless charging?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6