External Audio DAC support from USB OTG?

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Oh man, those are going to be so annoying once people find out they don't stay behind your neck, but instead just keep sliding to the front. :) By the way, three posts with the same link, and on an unrelated thread, maybe a bit much?

He might have been using the Windows central UWP app for commenting, it sometimes behavior odd, by either never post or post duplicate

delpinsky

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi there guys,
I'm a new Windows 10 mobile fellow, with my Lumia 950 XL.

Recently I've bought the LG Hi-Fi Plus B&O PLAY which is supposed to be Windows OS compatible.
It works great on my OnePlus One and therefore, once I received the Type-C to Type-C cable I ordered on Amazon, I thought it worked like charm.

But no way to make it work.
A notification appears saying :"your USB device could not work, try it on a PC".

Is it Windows 10 mobile?
Is it the cable?
In the meanwhile I want to buy a microUSB to Type-C adapter, hoping to make it work using the original LG cable (Type-C to microUSB).

I left a couple of feedback messaged in the HUB, hoping someone will answer... but I doubt.

Is there anyone here who tried the same DAC LG Hi-Fi Plus?

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have the Massdrop edition Dacport slim from Centrance. It seems to work great with the latest build (14946) and the L950xl. I have tried it on low and high gain with the AKG K7xx and a Sennheiser Momentum on ear 1.0. Works awesome. Before the anniversary update you received the error msg saying it wont work and you need to plug the usb device to a pc instead. Now it works flawlessly without and error messages and with the usual song when you plug a usb device to a normal windows pc. I hadn't tried it since before the anniversary update so I can't say if it started working with this build or with the anniversary build. Eitherway I am quite stoked to be able to use it on my L950 xl while on the go. For 99$ bucks it really is a nice DAC/amp combo. Very clean sounding and an upgrade to my Xonar D1 PM sound card.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
FYI. I tested a few DACs with my 950XL at a local audio shop here in Philippines. Not sure where else in the world this is available but the COZY Aegis is highly recommended. Plug and play no problem, sounded fantastic. It is a bit pricy at $449 retail, but maybe discounted at online retailers. Their previous model the Astrapi also worked, but didn't perform anywhere near their new model.

Worth an audition if you can get a hold of one. A lot of music in a tiny package.

Edit: I used it with a standard USB-C to USB-microB adapter

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
If anyone is looking for a great dac, I got the Creative E5. It is portable, but not as small as others. But had big advantages like Bluetooth and optical in/out support. Extra bass. Also acts as battery pack 3200mAh. Gives any stereo 3.5mm speakers or headphones Bluetooth capability. Stream to my 2.1 computer speakers from 950xl or old headphones. ~$180 US

Michael Grant5

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys I own a USB DAC that requires drivers for pc use. I am thinking of buying the new HP elite 3. Will usb 3.0 or micro usb work from the docking station to the dac without drivers ?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I was referring to using the phone with a dac not a pc.

I mentioned the Creative E5 works using OTG dongle cable directly into my 950XL smartphone. Obviously you'd use the supplied micro USB to USB cable into the OTG dongle. I am using the latest Insider build btw.

If you can find micro USB to USB-C cable, it might work as well. That would omit the need for the OTG dongle.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if the Centrance Dacport Slim is usb class 1 or 2 but it requires a driver from the company for PC use but I can plug and play it with my Lumia 950xl and usbc otg and a small micros usb cable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte