Lumia 950 Car Charger

madwillow

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
What car chargers are compatible with the 950. I don't see them offered as accessory by MS or AT&T, but Amazon ads claim to be compatible.

John Scatoloni

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Where to buy the car charger? I bought two on Amazon and contrary to what it claimed the connection did not work. The carrier stores do not sell the charger yet. Does anyone know where to get a car charger that fits. Microsoft should have known better, to offer it at the store when a sale of the phone was made.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I bodged my own wireless charger together. I used a standard (?3) phone holder for the vents/windscreen and got a wireless qi coil from eBay for ?2 delivered. I fixed it inside the holder a d hey presto! I've been using it for a few years now, still works. I'd like to get a quickcharge charger for when I need a boost fast! There's some on amazon, I forget the brand but they have a good rating. I'll dig them out later!

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to find a wireless charger that can charge my 920, let alone keep the battery percentage prior to charge, when using phone navigation with display on the entire drive. Following this thread. I love wireless charging everywhere but the car.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using my old Nokia car charger with the micro USB to USB C adapter recommended in Daniel Rubino's recent article. Have not had a lot of problems with it, but I'll keep an eye on her.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a "Tronsmart" USB-C charger and it works extremely well. Not wireless mind you - I have not found a wireless charger that doesn't press the power or camera button yet...

Amazon.com: USB Type-C Car Charger,Tronsmart 36W 2 Ports Rapid Car Charger with Quick Charge 2.0 Technology.Attached USB Type C Cord for Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X (Not Compatible with Google Pixel): Computers & Accessories

I also purchased this same charger and it works flawlessly. It also has an extra USB port for your off brand phones to charge from. :)

MG

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
The MS Store has a cigarette lighter to USB port that supports quick charging.

The Nokia wireless car charger doesn't provide a steady connection.

tanders04#WN

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I just bought this one from amazon.

So far it seems ok. I literally just unboxed it and put it in on my way to work this morning. I'm going to mess with placement in the car a little more. The other problem is that it hits the power button, though it almost seems better that way because I can just squeeze the dock to unlock it.

DCProjMgr

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a "Tronsmart" USB-C charger and it works extremely well. Not wireless mind you - I have not found a wireless charger that doesn't press the power or camera button yet...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3331805

I have the same charger, and it has been great! As a matter of fact I have stopped charging my phone overnight, and just plug it in on my commute to and from work. That's all it needs.

Keep in mind that if you are looking for fast charging it must be USB Type C only from the power to the phone. If you introduce a Type A connection anywhere in the process it will negotiate to a slower speed.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I bodged my own wireless charger together
Glad to hear I am not the only one to do this. In my case I used a Kenu Airframe cradle with a small plate display stand (with the back plane removed) and a couple of bits of rubber packing glued on so the phone sits over the sweet spot) and an Aukey wireless charger / power bank with a couple of flat, black hairbands to hold the phone in place (need careful positioning to obscure the least important part of the screen when sat-navving).

Last edited:

Daniel Szabadi

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia CR-201 which I was using with my 920, but it is also working well with the 950. It doesn't press the camera or the power button.
However, the charging power is a bit low. I was using waze for about an hour with low screen brightness (25%) while charging, and it still had drained about 10% off of my battery.... Too bad I really like this charger/holder :)
Oh and +1 points: The back of the holder is low, while the 950 is kind of high, so you can use the camera and record photos/videos while driving.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

banghaymo

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 950 doesn't support Qualcomms quickcharge. But it has the full 3A capacity coupled with USB3.1 which is according to my knowledge the only phone capable of doing so but is not advertised by anyone. Who needs quickcharge anyway, even the Nexus has it turned off. Microsofts Fast charge in the 950 and 950xl does a fast job!:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans