I've had fits adding a pop3 email to my own server on the 950.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Every phone I've ever had never had these problems. My HTC One for Windows allowed it. My IPhone works just fine. I can quickly get into the settings to change ports, etc. This phone seems to just assume it knows best and when it locks up it just asks you to update the password which isn't the problem. I'm hoping I'm just missing it and one of you will scoop me on this.

I just deleted my own email until I can figure out what's different about this phone and all my others.

Thanks...

MG

Last edited:

bruce73

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me. If you dig down in the settings you will get to where you can change the IMAP servers and whether they need SSL or not (it's enabled by default). After making the necessary changes, it started to work. I never did find a way to change ports, though. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't have the phone with me right now.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me. If you dig down in the settings you will get to where you can change the IMAP servers and whether they need SSL or not (it's enabled by default). After making the necessary changes, it started to work. I never did find a way to change ports, though. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't have the phone with me right now.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I've been able to change the server but my server wants certain ports and it's apparently not happening. I'm hoping someone out there knows how to tame this thing. Have to call Microsoft next.

MG

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got it to work. Very strange input boxes. You've already created the email name and password. It asks you what you want the email to come from and gives you examples like (James, George or davexxxx@whatever.net). Ignore those directions and write in your email address again and one more time when it asks. Then it will work and not error out. Geeeezzz...

MG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss