SaltedSquirrel7

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I currently have a Lumia 930 which I'm pretty happy with - love most things about it - camera, colour, feel etc etc.

I have been flirting with the idea of getting a Lumia 950 however and wondered about SD cards for recording the 4K video and storing this - it's also appealing for storing offline music. I currently have this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3316230 but wasn't sure if it would be fast enough to cope.

Just wish I could have a lime green shell on the 950 :p

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I currently have a Lumia 930 which I'm pretty happy with - love most things about it - camera, colour, feel etc etc.

I have been flirting with the idea of getting a Lumia 950 however and wondered about SD cards for recording the 4K video and storing this - it's also appealing for storing offline music. I currently have this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3316426 but wasn't sure if it would be fast enough to cope.

Just wish I could have a lime green shell on the 950 :p

Yup, that sd card will work fine. As long as it's at least uhs-1 and class 10, it will be fine.

I say go for it, I love my 950. Also, there very well might be a lime green back cover. Mozo has announced that they will be making non leather back covers in the future. Hopefully they'll have some cool colors like cyan and lime green. If not, there's always paint lol.

schismal

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I pickled up that same card, since Amazon's US page is running a huge discount ($40). I test drove the phone+SD at Monterey Aquarium this weekend and had no issues recording videos. The card has excellent read speed, but its write speed is a bit slower compared to other performance cards. So I opted to store apps and pictures on the main drive (I figure post-processing a bunch of images may be noticeably slower if on the SD), while videos and music are on the card. No issues so far.

SaltedSquirrel7

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Cool, it does sound really good.

I hate to admit though, I've been a bit tempted by the devil! :p I currently have the Lumia 930 and an iPhone 5S (64GB) but I've seen a particular website selling the 128GB version of the iPhone 6 for 550 quid!

I know this is a Windows place, and I am a huge fan/supporter of the platform but I have to admit I have concerns about the longevity of the platform and that seems like a really good deal! :(

I feel so confused right now - the 950 looks amazing, but I also have years of apps/stuff from iOS!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3