Start background scaling

lumia_lux

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
When I set a background that's a 1440x2560 image I see the full image in the preview at the top of the settings pane but the image is zoomed in on the start screen and the graphic is no longer centered. I did not check this behavior before I had set the text scaling to 350% and added the extra column of tiles. If I hold the back button for the task view I can see the full res background underneath the open windows but it returns to a zoomed in image once I go back to the start. Anyone else experience the same thing?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It's because the background moves as you scroll on the start screen and moves to the side when you go to the all apps page.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem on my 635 and I hope there's a more dynamic scaling option in the future.
My solution is to keep adding tiles

lumia_lux

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
That makes sense, I hadn't noticed the side scrolling but I could make the vertical scrolling almost negligible by hiding the action bar at the bottom. Which actually makes the problem worse since it's stretching the image rather than just scaling up proportionally. Hope to see it changed in the future with more options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb