SOLVED Glance Screen Snooze?

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
***I turned on the keep notifications private on the lock screen toggle...woops***

How do you snooze the alarm while Glance Screen and lock screen is active? For example, my phone screen times out bc I'm sleeping for 7-8hrs and then I want to snooze my alarm?

What am I doing wrong? The alarm has a little pull down but i don't see the snooze or dismiss.

Thanks

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Glance Screen Snooze?

How do you snooze the alarm while Glance Screen and lock screen is active? For example, my phone screen times out bc I'm sleeping for 7-8hrs and then I want to snooze my alarm?

What am I doing wrong? The alarm has a little pull down but i don't see the snooze or dismiss.

Thanks

You're not doing anything wrong. The stock alarm app always has a "snooze" or "dismiss" button present. Probably best to download a different alarm app and try with that

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

You're not doing anything wrong. The stock alarm app always has a "snooze" or "dismiss" button present. Probably best to download a different alarm app and try with that

Please read my initial post again...the snooze and dismiss buttons are missing if my alarm goes off while my lockscreen or glance screen is active.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Please read my initial post again...the snooze and dismiss buttons are missing if my alarm goes off while my lockscreen or glance screen is active.

I did :) But Glance shouldn't interfere. Mine is on and it ever interferes, but for the sake of this thread I'll go do some tests and report back

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Here's what I see (even dragging down doesn't make the snooze and dismiss appear):
wp_ss_20151207_0001.jpg

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

wp_ss_20151207_0001[1].png
wp_ss_20151207_0002[1].png

First screenshot taken with glance set to always on and second with glance set to always on and screenlock active... What you're experiencing is most likely a 950 bug. A soft reset could fix it and the same could be said for a hard reset, but there's no guarantee. If anything you can go for the soft reset as it won't wipe any data on the phone.

I would skip the hard reset tho.. Like I said previously, download a different alarm app from the store and check if that one has the same issue

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 118470
View attachment 118471

First screenshot taken with glance set to always on and second with glance set to always on and screenlock active... What you're experiencing is most likely a 950 bug. A soft reset could fix it and the same could be said for a hard reset, but there's no guarantee. If anything you can go for the soft reset as it won't wipe any data on the phone.

I would skip the hard reset tho.. Like I said previously, download a different alarm app from the store and check if that one has the same issue

I turned off notifications for the alarm app at one point, and turned them back on...maybe this is what caused the issue?

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Downloading the latest insider build now (.29), here's to hoping it fixes the issue. These body blows are making me think the previously unthinkable... switching to another OS. If the new build doesn't fix my issues i will do ANOTHER factory reset. Stay tuned...

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Is Private the name created for the alarm, or did that name automatically appear for a different reason or setting condition?

I get the same Alarm response screen as ven07, with Alarm as the notification heading and Alarm under that as the default alarm name, unless changed to a different name before saving the alarm, running W10M Build 10586.29. I see your notification heading is Alarms & Clock, which differs from above. I don't recall if that title appeared on my device with previous OS builds. However, I've had recent Alarm problems after every newer build update with old, non-existent alarms going off with no option to delete them, until a hard reset, but I can dismiss and snooze them. A hard reset also makes them at minimum reappear in the alarms list where they can then be deleted, or they are finally gone on their own (I think?).

What specifically is turned off for Alarm notifications? I've never done that as I can only imagine not being woken in the morning.

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Figured it out...

Okay first, why on earth are you able to disable notifications for an alarm clock? When setting up my phone I went in and disabled the notifications because i didn't want to have to dismiss the action center notification every time my alarm rang. This ended up completely disabling the alarm, so i went back and turned on all the toggles. Notifications, show notification banners, keep notifications private on the lock screen (whoops), and vibrate if my sound settings support it.

The alarm and dismiss buttons are back now because I turned off the keep notifications private on the lock screen, but now I'm back to square one with trying to remove the alarm notifications from the action center. Maybe I'm not smart enough for customization and need to use an iPhone?

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Is Private the name created for the alarm, or did that name automatically appear for a different reason or setting condition?

I get the same Alarm response screen as ven07, with Alarm as the notification heading and Alarm under that as the default alarm name, unless changed to a different name before saving the alarm, running W10M Build 10586.29. I see your notification heading is Alarms & Clock, which differs from above. I don't recall if that title appeared on my device with previous OS builds. However, I've had recent Alarm problems after every newer build update with old, non-existent alarms going off with no option to delete them, until a hard reset, but I can dismiss and snooze them. A hard reset also makes them at minimum reappear in the alarms list where they can then be deleted, or they are finally gone on their own (I think?).

What specifically is turned off for Alarm notifications? I've never done that as I can only imagine not being woken in the morning.

Good catch! Private was probably being displayed because I enabled the make notifications private on the lock screen.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Figured it out...

Okay first, why on earth are you able to disable notifications for an alarm clock? When setting up my phone I went in and disabled the notifications because i didn't want to have to dismiss the action center notification every time my alarm rang. This ended up completely disabling the alarm, so i went back and turned on all the toggles. Notifications, show notification banners, keep notifications private on the lock screen (whoops), and vibrate if my sound settings support it.

The alarm and dismiss buttons are back now because I turned off the keep notifications private on the lock screen, but now I'm back to square one with trying to remove the alarm notifications from the action center. Maybe I'm not smart enough for customization and need to use an iPhone?

Lol stick with us, we'll help you through it :D tbh I have seen that option in the notifications settings but never touched it, BUT now I will :D because it removes the snooze button hehe

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Lol stick with us, we'll help you through it :D tbh I have seen that option in the notifications settings but never touched it, BUT now I will :D because it removes the snooze button hehe

Well, don't get too excited because when I pressed the notification it just shut off the alarm :( You can also disable the alarm completely by turning off the notification via the toggle...even if the alarm app says the alarm is on. Definitely misleading, and should probably have a warning pop-up (similar to the volume level warning) if you try to shut off the alarm notifications or set an alarm while notifications are off.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Well, don't get too excited because when I pressed the notification it just shut off the alarm :( You can also disable the alarm completely by turning off the notification via the toggle...even if the alarm app says the alarm is on. Definitely misleading, and should probably have a warning pop-up (similar to the volume level warning) if you try to shut off the alarm notifications or set an alarm while notifications are off.

I'll test it out later :) but it's a nifty lil hack to have I guess.. I mostly use "gentle alarm" but the dev hasn't updated the app for w10 yet and there seems to be a few issues with the alarm going off. I mailed him and he was friendly, but I think he'll wait until w10m goes live officially before updating.

For now I'm using "sleepwin"

JMS DRP

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

Updates didn't help me and I've had the same problem..... No alarm sounds, no snooze or dismiss buttons, just a notification in the center. I now use Alarm Plus and it works like the basic alarm worked on all my previous Windows phones. Good luck!!

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

My "stock alarm" works as expected, and with Glance/Lock "active", including re-alarming 5 minutes (as set) after I press snooze, and as often as I press it (probably haven't snoozed more than 3); and stopping only after I press dismiss. This worked fine prior to and since my update the other day.

BTW, I REALLY like the Win10 10-minute default snooze. Only prefer the 5-minute option for alarms.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

My "stock alarm" works as expected, and with Glance/Lock "active", including re-alarming 5 minutes (as set) after I press snooze, and as often as I press it (probably haven't snoozed more than 3); and stopping only after I press dismiss. This worked fine prior to and since my update the other day.

BTW, I REALLY like the Win10 10-minute default snooze. Only prefer the 5-minute option for alarms.

OP stated that the malfunction was due to turning off notifications for the alarm app under notification settings

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers