How are the Lumia 950 SIM contacts supposed to look?

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'll admit right now, I'm probably being massively paranoid but that's how I am.

Got myself a Lumia 950 today, was eager to try it out but saw that the handbook insists that you have your SIM in the device before turning it on. Not got a Nano-SIM (at least not until tomorrow or the day after) so tried cutting down my Micro-SIM around the edges (after trimming it from regular to micro-SIM appeared successful), and although I put it in about two-thirds of the way I didn't have the will to try and insert it all the way, and wiggled it back out.

Now I'm totally worried that I might have done some damage to the phone while I was trying, but I have no idea how the contacts are supposed to be or if any are now missing or broken. I can see contacts through all of the three-in-a-row circles but only barely through the larger one in the centre, and I worry that something might have been damaged there.

I'm probably rambling at this point but if anyone cares to give any reassurance that would be really appreciated. If nothing else I guess I'll know for sure when the Nano-SIM arrives but I don't want to be panicky until then.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd say fire it up, set it up how you like, run a backup, and then hard reset/restore when you get your new sim, but not everyone has had good luck with a restore.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
It probably would be okay to do that, but the setup guide puts so much highlighted emphasis on putting the SIM in early, to the point of repeating itself in consecutive steps ('no, really, we're serious about this')... I'd rather play it safe. Ironic thing to say after taking the risk of snipping the SIM, I admit.

Anyway, I've calmed down a bit and doubt anything is really damaged since nothing was really forced in, nothing has fallen out and at least 12 contacts are visible despite it seeming that there aren't even that many parts of the SIM with data on them. It should be fine really.

Nonetheless, since everyone hates a thread left hanging, I'll check back in once I try it with a genuine SIM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)