connecting to continuum wirelessly

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure the answer is no. Wireless continuum works off the Miracast protocol. Since the dock is designed to be wired, adding a wireless adapter won't magically give it that ability. Your best best would be the Actiontec screenbeam continuum. It includes the ability you are looking for, wireless continuum with the ability to add peripherals to the adapter via USB while keeping your 950 free.

tanders04#WN

May 28, 2014
Visit site
You can use continuum wirelessly without the display dock. I wouldn't think that the set up you're talking about would work because there would be too many driver issues.

I'd wonder if you could plug the phone into the dock, not hook up the hdmi, and use it more like a usb hub and use a wired mouse and keyboard, and just have the phone connect wirelessly.

tarunchandehoke

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I was just wondering if that was possible. I am getting a display dock free with my phone so was just wondering if i could get it to work with wireless connection and i already have a chromecast and TEEWE2 at home so didnt want to buy yet another wireless display dongle.

Thanks anyways..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs