Photos app, live tile and favorites

Joel Earnest

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to get me head around how the W10 Photos app is supposed to display favorite photos on its live tile.
I'm getting all kinds of erratic behavior, ranging from the same photo cycling the whole time to only two or three showing. It'd be nice to be able to set things up right so when this is fixed, it'll work like in the old days. With Windows 8/8.1, it was so easy in this respect I never had to try to figure out how it worked.

1. Should it matter if the photos are on the device or on the memory card?
2. Do favorite folders have to be in a special folder, and if so where?
3. Have any of you got it to work as before?

DKD116

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, was hoping recent updates would fix it but nope. It's very strange that certain pics show up and others don't, even though they're the same resolution.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My live tile isn't working at all - I tried unpinning and re-pinning, but it doesn't want to show me any love. :-(

karlo88

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I found that only photos taken with the phone's camera, in the camera folder, photos saved from say an email, one the Saved folder, or photos in the Screenshot folder, can be selected as a favorite, then appear in the Favorites folder. Photos from any OneDrive album (non-resident in phone) cannot be selected as a favorite. Then, to flip through favorites in the Live Tile, one needs to, within Photos app, choose "Favorites" to be shown, rather than Recent Photos, or rather than an individual selected photo.

My problem is that, unlike my Lumia 1020, the 950's Photo Live Tile isn't "smart". It doesn't show the interesting part of a photo, like the faces in a photo. And, then, it doesn't pan there photo. It's just a static photo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb