MicrosoftMDG Update?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: smartass1379
Apparently there were at least 1,378 people on this forum who weren't so honest when choosing their username? That explains a lot.

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get the update i ended up reflashing via the recovery software and offered to install new firmware.
Just out of interest what hardware version do people have my Microsoft store unlocked UK 950 is 2.1.1.2

Last edited:

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I didn't get the update i ended up reflashing via the recovery software and offered to install new firmware.
Just out of interest what hardware version do people have my Microsoft store unlocked UK 950 is 2.1.1.2

What does actually "Hardware revision number" stand for?
950 Unlocked, revision number: 2.1.1.2 EU, Lithuania.

FourT2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked dual sim 950, insider, just got this update. OS Build still shows .36, firmware and radio versions updated wp_ss_20160106_0002.jpg

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I've not seen it mentioned so I'll throw this out here. MICROSOFTMDG is what shows in Insider About as the OEM for the 950 devices. Probably means Microsoft Mobile Devices Group.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Unlocked dual sim 950, insider, just got this update. OS Build still shows .36, firmware and radio versions updated View attachment 120085

I have the same phone. Also an insider but I was told that the update is not on the Insider servers. You're in the US, correct? What network? Also, did you do a hard reset and not re-install Windows Insider?

nospherato

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I have read rumors, that the .63 OS Version will be rolled out for non-insiders (perhaps) soon.
Will it then be possible to get the firmware update even if I'm an insider?
(Because the phone still should point to the insider update server)
And btw: Are there any news about the firmware update being rolled out to the insider update server any soon?

nospherato

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
It's not .63 OS version I'm not getting installed. This one is already installed.
It's the newer firmware version I don't get since I'm an insider.
(I would like to have it, but as I don't have any of the big bugs I don't really want to go the hardreset oder recovery tool way)

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The FM update should now be available to Insiders by updating the Insider app and leaving the program. The FM update should then appear! You can then rejoin as an Insider.

UK unlocked L950 with .63

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The FM update should now be available to Insiders by updating the Insider app and leaving the program. The FM update should then appear! You can then rejoin as an Insider.

UK unlocked L950 with .63

Did this change with the latest Insider app update? It was not enough to leave the Insider program. You have to perform a hard reset or use WDRT. The Insider settings remain in the registry and will not be removed by leaving the Insider program on the phone. This according to Jason from Microsoft: https://twitter.com/NorthFaceHiker/status/684860734530961408

EDIT: Thanks Northernpipeman! I just "left" the program and checked for updates and found the new firmware! Without restarting! Looks like they fixed the Insider app and we can temporarily leave the program to get builds/firmware that is not on the Insider server. WTF with Gabe Aul saying there were no changes?? This is important!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte