HELP, my L950 doesnt download updates, apps, app updates

BlackD0127

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Had to hard reset my phone, I did it through the Windows Device Recovery tool. Since then, it does not download apps, app updates and software updates. Sometimes it says it's low on storage with 25GB free space and it warms up. Don't know if this is a problem, but my light sensor is red. (as red as the iris scanner, but not that bright) I have the phone since 1 month, never had such problems before. Now it's stuck on .11 build. Can anyone help?

EDIT: It started downloading after a hard reset again! But it does not find the app updates now.
EDIT 2: Last time, it was on 37% downloading the .29 build, now I can't open the phone update option.
EDIT 3: How my phone is right now: FINALLY downloaded and updated to .29 build. Everything seems to be working, BUT the store doesn't find some app updates, (example the store itself) even after another hard reset.

EDIT 4: Store downloads updates for the apps I get with my SIM (T-Mobile AT) like Amazon, Candy Crush + it updates Advanced Info, but it still no store updates for standard apps.

Last edited:

flitzpiepe666

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Had a similar Problem. I was away from home the last days. On the 1st evening it found the .63 Insider update, but I did not have wifi Connection. I wanted the update and so I tried to start the update with LTE Connection.
From that Point the phone did not update the apps and the build update also did not Progress over the whole Weekend.
My battery did only last a few hours, it seemed as if the phone wanted to get the update but it did not work.
I deactivated all Background Tasks, even used flight mode - but the battery was empty after 5 or 6 hours - never had that before.
Also the phone told me it is nearly out of storage, but I have 50gb on my sd Card and 20gb free on my phone...

I came home yesterday, turned wifi on, it downloaded and installed the .63 build.
From that Point on the phone also updated the apps and standby battery usage is about 1.4% again..

So MAYBE just check if ur WIFI Connection, try do deinstall/reinstall the Insider app and look for the .63 update.

BlackD0127

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Until now, I couldn't even enroll my phone to insider builds, because it was stuck downloading the non-insider .29 update.
How my phone is right now: FINALLY downloaded and updated to .29 build. Everything seems to be working, BUT the store doesn't find some app updates, (example the store itself) even after another hard reset.

groovshooter

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me today. My 950 was running hot. I did a hard reset and the Store app doesn't seem to want to update itself or the apps on my phone. I am on with tech support now and there is no known issue today with Store updates. Who knows? Gonna try the recovery tool now and hope that a totally clean install gets me back in action.

BlackD0127

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm doing the same now, I've got even to insider build .63, but still no store update, or app update.

EDIT: store downloads updates for the apps I get with my SIM (T-Mobile AT) like Amazon, Candy Crush + it updates Advanced Info, but it still no store updates for standard apps

Last edited:

groovshooter

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I am done updating everything from the Device Recovery Tool. I am on .29 with the new firmware. I am still not able to update apps or the Store app itself. Sounds like another chat with support is in order. Arg!

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have this same issue with my 640 on the latest build I hard reset it because the battery was draining to fast and then after my hard reset it wouldn't update the store or other apps I knew wasn't up to date....still having this issue now not sure if its a bug with this build or just a bug with the store I'm on like my 4th hard reset

Sent from mTalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720