Official FM Radio app on Lumia 950 via restoring from a backup with pinned FM Radio tile

J H4

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Oh... well the tool didn't look like the one in your screenshot, so I guess I used the wrong one. Which is the right one? I don't recall choosing! Sorry for being thick.

J H4

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure you tried to change the value not with Lumia registry editor? Root Tool have 3 registry editors: First one for all Windows phones, second one for Nokia Lumia, third one for Samsung. To perform the hack you should use first registry tool, but not the Lumia Tool.

The tool in your screenshot is different to mine. So perhaps I goofed. I don't recall there being more than one version of the tool? I just followed the guide.

valuxin

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
The tool in your screenshot is different to mine. So perhaps I goofed. I don't recall there being more than one version of the tool? I just followed the guide.

The tool is one - it's called "Root Tool". When you open it, you'll see Tool Menu. Just tap at the first top button of this menu. Registry tool should be opened.

J H4

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
The tool is one - it's called "Root Tool". When you open it, you'll see Tool Menu. Just tap at the first top button of this menu. Registry tool should be opened.

Works! My error choosing the wrong editor. I'm on .107 now too.

I have deselected Developer Mode - should I do anything in Root Tool to revert Jailbreak or just leave it? (Thinking of updates in the future).

Thanks for this!

Shamtu1

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Seems with this unlock Radio FM is working for me on Lumia 950 DS, thx valuxin for shearing this hack :).
However when I change to speaker mode, I hear a lot of noise, buzz and hisses. On headset every thing is working with out this. What about US 950 and speaker mode are there any distortions?

valuxin

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Seems with this unlock Radio FM is working for me on Lumia 950 DS, thx valuxin for shearing this hack :).
However when I change to speaker mode, I hear a lot of noise, buzz and hisses. On headset every thing is working with out this. What about US 950 and speaker mode are there any distortions?
It's the firmware/OS/app bug. When you change to speaker mode, the FM Radio app will use phone speaker as an antenna LOL.

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks to valuxin & abogdan.

I finally decided to do it after seeing the post from abogdan.
After trying to deploy the xap for a day, i finally did it and at last have working fm radio on 950.

Thanks again guys!

abogdan

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I had too some problems with deploying the .xap because of the error 0x89731B01. I solved it by deleting my phone device from the list of hidden deceives in Device Manager (PC). After that when I reconnect the phone to PC the deployment worked well.

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
After playing with the radio, I found out that the radio in 950 is worse (signal reception) than the one in my 920 (which was worse than the one I had in my Nokia N8 ... hehe).
[conspiracy theory on]
Maybe this is was reason for disabling the radio ....
[conspiracy theory off]

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
A MVP disclosed that "MS Q/A engineers have disabled the tuner because the quality didn't meet their expectations". But then, why disable the tuner totally including for 1/3 party apps on EU models?

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
After playing with the radio, I found out that the radio in 950 is worse (signal reception) than the one in my 920 (which was worse than the one I had in my Nokia N8 ... hehe).
[conspiracy theory on]
Maybe this is was reason for disabling the radio ....
[conspiracy theory off]
That's strange, I found the exact opposite. Maybe they are having QC issues, and therefore decided not to support it.

asikis

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, To the guys who have successfully done the hack an they now have FM radio on their 950. How is the reception? And also is it possible to set the speaker active via FM radio and listen through the speaker when having the headphones connected for acting as Antenna (so as is the case for all Lumias)?

Thank you

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I have found that the reception is muuuuch better with the stock headphones provided with the phone.
And yes you can listen through speaker with the headphone plugged, you'll have to do the switch using the native FM Radio app though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss