Questions about backup for my Lumia 950

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I've bought a new 950 and trying to update my information from my 920 has given me just some of my things.
Upgrading my 920 to 10M caused me to lose a lot of data (Even more as I had to hard reset because of the "No Network" problem some 92X had)

Do any of you know if there's an option to restore some/all of my:

1. Whatsapp messages,photos, etc.
2. Missing camera folders, such as: Screenshots, Whatsapp, Favorties (Relink my favorites)
3. 3rd app information (shazam, recorder(s).. you get the idea)

Last question - If I would activate my new Whatsapp on my 950, what will happen to the old app on my 920? (will it still work or not, what happens to the data)

Great thanks.:grin:

Edit: Found a tricky way for the camera folders - move all to the Camera Roll folder. It is not that smooth though, and it also mixes up my folders eventually, so I'll still be glad to hear better and more sophisticated ways

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I've bought a new 950 and trying to update my information from my 920 has given me just some of my things.
Upgrading my 920 to 10M caused me to lose a lot of data (Even more as I had to hard reset because of the "No Network" problem some 92X had)

Do any of you know if there's an option to restore some/all of my:

1. Whatsapp messages,photos, etc.
2. Missing camera folders, such as: Screenshots, Whatsapp, Favorties (Relink my favorites)
3. 3rd app information (shazam, recorder(s).. you get the idea)

Last question - If I would activate my new Whatsapp on my 950, what will happen to the old app on my 920? (will it still work or not, what happens to the data)

Great thanks.:grin:

Edit: Found a tricky way for the camera folders - move all to the Camera Roll folder. It is not that smooth though, and it also mixes up my folders eventually, so I'll still be glad to hear better and more sophisticated ways

1 and 2: copy all pics, video and pics folder in a sd card. Backup WhatsApp via its settings (automatic on sd). Remove it and put in the new phone. When installin and openin Whatsapp the first time, it will ask for a found background and it will load all saved messages

3 - settings, sms, apps, and 3rd apps are backupped via Settings -> Backup -> select all, via your Microsoft and OneDrive account. First backup everythin on the old phone and check sms settings _> sync between devices. Better not choosin more than 1 month sms backup.
Registering a new phone entering you microsoft account will migrate all settings and app list (all apps will automatically download from store, it needs time, battery and wifi)

Whatsapp works obviously on a phone once - the one with your number. If you put a new sim in the older phone, you have to register Whatsapp again with the new number. Then it will check your contacts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros