Instead of saying At&t for cellular my phone says"maritim". Any ideas why?

Rusty James

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I was checking my data usage and noticed that where it used to say at&t it changed to "maritim" . I cannot find any info online or here. Hoping for an answer. I have had at&t service since the 920 and have had an unlimited plan since the beginning.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I was checking my data usage and noticed that where it used to say at&t it changed to "maritim" . I cannot find any info online or here. Hoping for an answer. I have had at&t service since the 920 and have had an unlimited plan since the beginning.

My 950 Dual SIM unlocked on ATT shows that too under data usage. The SIM settings shows ATT. No idea why. Same in both 950's I've used.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Many years ago (2003-2005) I was driving through Tennessee and when to check my messages.... I was on roaming, and the provider was.... "Jim's Cell Tower!". That phone didn't have WiFi. I disabled roaming and no signal. Turned roaming on and back to Jim's.... I shut my cell off until I hit a major city. My point? Weirder things have happened... Try disabling roaming and see what you get.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I see that too. I figured it was some screwup where a placeholder is showing up instead of the correct carrier name. It could also be a regional thing, it's the name AT&T in my area is broadcasting for some reason.

Rusty James

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm in white plains NY which is the next big city north of NYC. I can actually see the At&t building and their huge cell tower from my house.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing on my single SIM 950XL I just received yesterday. After it did an OS and maybe firmware update it then said AT&T.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not far from the Long Island Sound but the fact that I'm also not too far from White Plains makes me think it's a regional issue with AT&T.

ShannonKB

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I noticed this last night, after my phone woke me up saying "you are near your data limit". I have used only around 6.5GB of my 15GB. Also, says I'm roaming. I'm not. AT&T Lumia 950 wp_ss_20160210_0001.jpg Side note, when my screen is locked (glance) it shows the time and any other info on the bottom half of the screen like normal, but after it woke me up this morning, all the info and time was in the top half of the screen but my background was normal. Hmmm.... Installing .107 as I type.

Last edited:

C A T F I S H

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I noticed this last night, after my phone woke me up saying "you are near your data limit". I have used only around 6.5GB of my 15GB. Also, says I'm roaming. I'm not. AT&T Lumia 950 View attachment 122044 Side note, when my screen is locked (glance) it shows the time and any other info on the bottom half of the screen like normal, but after it woke me up this morning, all the info and time was in the top half of the screen but my background was normal. Hmmm.... Installing .107 as I type.

That's normal. Glance will step up the screen if it is in for awhile. Sort of like it is a screensaver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte