Lumia 950 build .107 - Disable Edge in background?

crabby2004

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys!

So... Edge in the background ruins my battery... It's a pain having to "close" the app after use so I would like to disable it from running in the background.

Looking at the battery saver details, though, and the option isn't there?! We can't disable edge? :eck:

crabby

Thomas Wadsworth

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Screenshot your battery usage in edge. Alot of people are saying it's causing battery drain problems. But I've personally not been affected. See screenshot.

GDKekI9.jpg

crabby2004

May 29, 2014
Visit site
My edge battery use is 22.6%... I visited one web page mid afternoon yesterday.

Messaging is 24.4%, but I did have a massive conversation with the missus

Everything else below 10%.

To confirm... using battery app... with edge in the background my discharge rate was just over 15%... when it was closed it's below 3%. I'm guessing it's all the ads etc on the windows central site, but this is besides the point... are we not able to disable background running of edge any more?

crabby

Last edited:

Thomas Wadsworth

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't think edge running in the background is the same as it being in your multitasking windows. As edge doesn't have any background function outside of using the app at the moment in time.

If you for instance disable messaging in the background it doesn't automatically close the windows for you after you are done using them.

Lobster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes